Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Sports Bucket Seats - Comfort?

I was just at the dealer yesterday, and they had a car with them on the floor. If you are large, they are a bit tight. I am 6'2", and around 250, and they were a bit tight. Very nice for Auto Cross, but not wonderful for any long distance drives. (NO wiggle room, not much adjustment - fore and aft only).

Coming from the power seats, I guess I am spoiled by the adjustability of those.

I did not find them very difficult to get in and out of, but they were not as easy as normal seating. For looks alone, they would be a real tempting choice!

I was just at the dealer yesterday, and they had a car with them on the floor. If you are large, they are a bit tight. I am 6'2", and around 250, and they were a bit tight. Very nice for Auto Cross, but not wonderful for any long distance drives. (NO wiggle room, not much adjustment - fore and aft only).

Coming from the power seats, I guess I am spoiled by the adjustability of those.

I did not find them very difficult to get in and out of, but they were not as easy as normal seating. For looks alone, they would be a real tempting choice!

A bit tight for you is good for me - I'm 5'9" 160 lbs. How was the seat height? I like to sit faily high, and I'm worried the seat will put me too low. I would guess that if you were at the limit of headroom, that might be about right for me. Auto Cross and tracking is what I'll be spending a good amount of time doing, I'll switch to a a highway cruiser for longer drives. Thanks for the information!

A bit tight for you is good for me - I'm 5'9" 160 lbs. How was the seat height? I like to sit faily high, and I'm worried the seat will put me too low. I would guess that if you were at the limit of headroom, that might be about right for me. Auto Cross and tracking is what I'll be spending a good amount of time doing, I'll switch to a a highway cruiser for longer drives. Thanks for the information!

In my modest opinion, unless you are talking about the GT3 style seats, no OEM seat will provide you with ideal support for Autocross or Tracking. I would probably just get the regular seats and use the extra $$$ to buy a pair of Recaros or Sparcos that fit you perfectly to use during the 'track season'. A good installer will make sure you have a setup that allows for easy change between seats (15 to 20 min).

I currently have Kirkey's in my car (which I do not recommend to you because of the 'less than polished look'), but they feel comfortable even in the longer drives. You might be surprised by how comfortable the aftermarket seats are if you get the right size for you. You will most likely not even feel the need to switch between OEM and Aftermarket seats that frequently!

Best,

Gus

In my modest opinion, unless you are talking about the GT3 style seats, no OEM seat will provide you with ideal support for Autocross or Tracking. I would probably just get the regular seats and use the extra $$$ to buy a pair of Recaros or Sparcos that fit you perfectly to use during the 'track season'. A good installer will make sure you have a setup that allows for easy change between seats (15 to 20 min).

I currently have Kirkey's in my car (which I do not recommend to you because of the 'less than polished look'), but they feel comfortable even in the longer drives. You might be surprised by how comfortable the aftermarket seats are if you get the right size for you. You will most likely not even feel the need to switch between OEM and Aftermarket seats that frequently!

Best,

Gus

I hear what you're saying, but from the limited amount of information I've heard about these seats, they are much better than the GT3 seats. Additionally they have side and thorax airbags, and I won't have to pay extra for track seats. They're the same seats offered as standard in the GT2 and people are raving about them. I just need to see if they are OK for me, and it's tough to find a car with them to sit in.

I have the factory sports seats fitted in the Carrera S Cab (hard back with electric adjust for lumbar & both bolsters).

They are firm and have plenty of bolster to hook into your thighs & back.

I just did a 600 mile drive, only stopping for fuel & water. Got out feeling surprisingly fresh & no aching back (as I would in the Lexus RX400H).

They're a good road compromise that look good and offer sufficient support & comfort short of full on racing.

I'm 6' tall & weigh 200lb.