Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

3.4l converstion won't start

Ok here we go. I verified my bundle it is wired different but that's what the EWD shows. Second i re-pinned the connector by taking pin 43 and moving it to pin 72 reconnected everything - No Help still solid codes. I went to connector X3/1 and discovered 11 and 12 on the female/plug side but no wires or pins on male/pin side! So this sends me right back to what my dealer is saying that this Vin or MY does not have this feature? It must be a build issue and what does my dealer know that we don't know. Todd you have my Vin i am showing a build/birth date of 1/7/97 on my paperwork. i will talk to my dealer this week and see if i can't get the wiring diagram that they are using or some kinda explanation as to why they say that this car does not have this part. I am wondering how FVD got around this? I am going to give them a call too. This mod was completed in 2005 and nothing has changed but the DME programing, the part #'s are the same. I do know that the FVD DME is modified on the inside. I will post pics shortly.

connector001.jpg

connector003.jpg

Thanks again. Any input is greatly appreciated. JES

Stefan can you tell me more? Why did you have to add pins to your car? Thanks JES

The pics are fine. Don't worry about the size. They get reduced automatically. And you can go back and edit your own spelling by pressing "Edit" just below your post.

My car is a 1999 Boxster with a 1999 996 3.4L engine and a 1997 Boxster wiring harness (that came with the engine). I had a persistent P0453 error too and it took me a while to figure it out because I didn't realize that I had a 1997 harness. When I finally took apart the X3/1 plug to verify connectivity between the pressure sensor and the plug, I saw that the plug was missing the female connectors at positions 1 and 22. So I added the wires from the DME to those positions and reset the code and the P0453 error has never been seen since.

Hmmm so it seems like your car was wired for shut off valve and sensor but the the new "97" harness was missing wiring and pins. For me its the opposite my "97' is not wired for the valve or sensor but the DME is looking for them. Something changed somewhere in the MY97 there must be a programming change that was issued. thanks JES

Edited by jes

The easiest solution would be to simply add the tank pres. sensor and the AAV and wire them to the DME. The only other way to get around it with stock programming would be to flash the DME with the ROW map that doesn't look for any of the emissions stuff.

-Todd