Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

eddiek, great time to buy! There are a ton of Porsches for sale right now. A buyers market.

Make sure you get a PPI (Pre Purchase Inspection) done from an trusted source (not the selling party).

A CPO car would be nice too. Because of the warranty. Search on Porsche's website for pre owned certified. AutoTrader is also a good source. Not sure how the CPO works there.

Consider the "S" version too.

I think a Tip decreases the market value on a used car. Just MHO. So, this may work in your favor.

If by late model you mean a 997 (2005 or newer), there isn't much to pick and choose between the years. They are all pretty reliable. The main decision is whether you want/need a "4" or a "s" or a "4s". There has been plenty of discussion on the pros and cons of these models, but it is mostly personal choice that dictates. With the endless list of options, the biggest task is choice of model and options that are important to YOU. Suggest you look at lots of them to help identify those features that are "must haves" and which ones are "nice to have" and which ones are not important. It is a buyer's market these days, so be patient and strong.

If by late model you mean a 997 (2005 or newer), there isn't much to pick and choose between the years. They are all pretty reliable. The main decision is whether you want/need a "4" or a "s" or a "4s". There has been plenty of discussion on the pros and cons of these models, but it is mostly personal choice that dictates. With the endless list of options, the biggest task is choice of model and options that are important to YOU. Suggest you look at lots of them to help identify those features that are "must haves" and which ones are "nice to have" and which ones are not important. It is a buyer's market these days, so be patient and strong.

Also a 2S!

This would be our 1st Porsche. There are a lot of cops around where we live and everyone drives the speed limit (Portland, OR). We'd like the 4 for the interminable amount of rain but thinking the S is not as important since there really isn't anyplace for us to push it hard. I'll check with the local dealers in the NW as well as Northern CA (maybe the economy is hitting them worse) and see. Thanks for the replies.

but thinking the S is not as important since there really isn't anyplace for us to push it hard.

You will learn to find, hunt, and search maps for them! :) Enjoy searching. It can be very fun part of the process too.

Porsche's website is excellent for searching dealers pre-ownes (and new) inventory.

Greetings:

Besidesmyself, the guy that drove my C2S off the boat and a SA, I'm the only one who has driven my car..A STICK..so the wife CAN'T drive it...just a thought. If I was to purchase a used Porsche I would get a certified used one at a Porsche dealer. The warranty would be well worth it If it was a private party purchase,I would require that the car be taken to a dealer & have a " stage " readout done. It would give you a great idea about how the car was driven. We Porsche ownerstend to " work " the car a little.....some may have abused the car...andmaybe that is the reason for it's sale.

Chromedome

San Diego, CA