Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

alarm keeps going off when sunny!

Forgive me in someone else has written about this, but I thought I would share my experience and hopefully save somebody some money :) .

I fitted an Alpine stereo system (D300RB) which had loads of cool add ons, digital radio, ipod adapter, Digital freeview and a car phone. All through the winter my alarm was functioning normally, with the new stereo installed. Come the summer and a nice hot day (doesn't happen that often in the UK) my alarm would sound some hours after setting it.

There is a little metal pin which touches a small plastic tab the l.h.s of the factory radio when installed. In the event of someone getting into the car and removing the radio whilst the alarm is set, as the radio is pulled out, the metal pin obviously comes off the small plastic tab and earths on the side of the metal casing of the radio. Obviously non factory radios do not have the plastic tab, although they tend to be slighter smaller in width, so under colder temperatures, the pin doesn't touch the radio. Add some sunny weather, the dash expands with the sunlight beating down on the dash, and hey presto, the pin hits the side of the radio and the alarm goes off.

This is easily resovled by either taking out the wire to the pin or putting tape down the side of the radio. I had read articles about this wire being a problem, but assumed it wasn't this in my case as it was only when the sun came out. It cost me £50 for porsche to work out why using their diagnostics tools. Hope this helps someone! B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

I had a similar problem, but mine was occurring when the car cooled down at night; it was driving me mad. Alarms at 2 am were not pleasant and why was the horn sounding on re-arm suggesting something wasn't closed?

I wondered what that wire was for when I was fitting the new system, now I know. I removed the connector and taped mine up. Problem solved!

Edited by nfryatt