Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Installing Pioneer AVIC-F90BT NAV into 2002 996 Turbo

my2002

Hello,

I'm buying a Pioneer F90BT for my 2002 996 Turbo. Do I need anything else (kits, adapters, antenna adapters, etc...) besides the actual NAV unit? Did anyone else try this NAV unit? BTW, I love all the stuff in it.

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm buying a Pioneer F90BT for my 2002 996 Turbo. Do I need anything else (kits, adapters, antenna adapters, etc...) besides the actual NAV unit? Did anyone else try this NAV unit? BTW, I love all the stuff in it.

Thanks!

Hi,

When I was planning EXACTLY the same thing, I bought this: http://cgi.ebay.com/97-04-Porsche-996-Boxs...1QQcmdZViewItem. However, I found out that this is not very good for a car with PCM, it's much easier to use the existing parts already in the dash.

If you have a car with the normal Becker fit, then this is the way to go.

BTW, I dropped this idea and went Clarion when I found this: www.avic411.com, and learned about all the troubles that plagued the F series. Some of the problems were reportedly solved with Firmware update 1 (No 2 may be just lurking over the horizon, no one really knows)

I never looked back, the Clarion MAX983HD (N/A in the US) is fantastic in all respects, and I keep reading terribly disapointing reports in that site, even after the firmware update....

I have posted a couple of nothes in the DIY section.

Hello,

Thanks!

Hi,

When I was planning EXACTLY the same thing, I bought this: http://cgi.ebay.com/97-04-Porsche-996-Boxs...1QQcmdZViewItem. However, I found out that this is not very good for a car with PCM, it's much easier to use the existing parts already in the dash.

If you have a car with the normal Becker fit, then this is the way to go.

BTW, I dropped this idea and went Clarion when I found this: www.avic411.com, and learned about all the troubles that plagued the F series. Some of the problems were reportedly solved with Firmware update 1 (No 2 may be just lurking over the horizon, no one really knows)

I never looked back, the Clarion MAX983HD (N/A in the US) is fantastic in all respects, and I keep reading terribly disapointing reports in that site, even after the firmware update....

I have posted a couple of nothes in the DIY section.

Hi,

You've convinced me!:) I looked at the MAX983HD and it's very very cool. Also, I've looked at your notes in the DIY section and they'll help me a lot, thanks!

Now I'm looking to buy a unit around Bremen, Germany since I'll be there on Friday. Anyone knows where should I try?

BTW, in DIY you mention "trillieunaire's kit". What is that? Also do I need any other kits or parts?

Thank you!

Hi again,

I think you won't regret it! Use it in combination with an iPhone 3G and you'll beeven happier.

Trillieunaire is a forum member who devised the kit on ebay (the one in my link) and his brother sells it for him.

Again, if your car does not have PCM, it is very useful.

If you're replacing your PCM1, then you don't really need that: you will need, however, a radio antenna adapter (DIN to ISO) and the "Clarion 2DBKT Universal 2-Din Mounting Sleeve"

Any doubts, just ask; send me a PM.

BTW, I actually bought this from a German online dealer: www.caraudio-versand.de, who I recommend thouroughly. They even offered me a very nice discount and threw in the Clarion 2-DINkit I referred free of charge.

Edited by laalves

• 2 weeks later...
Hi again,

I think you won't regret it! Use it in combination with an iPhone 3G and you'll beeven happier.

Trillieunaire is a forum member who devised the kit on ebay (the one in my link) and his brother sells it for him.

Again, if your car does not have PCM, it is very useful.

If you're replacing your PCM1, then you don't really need that: you will need, however, a radio antenna adapter (DIN to ISO) and the "Clarion 2DBKT Universal 2-Din Mounting Sleeve"

Any doubts, just ask; send me a PM.

BTW, I actually bought this from a German online dealer: www.caraudio-versand.de, who I recommend thouroughly. They even offered me a very nice discount and threw in the Clarion 2-DINkit I referred free of charge.

Hello,

I've received the MAX983HD yesterday and it's beautiful. Very very cool!

I'm trying to install it and I've posted some questions in the DYI.

Thanks for the advice.

Best Regards

I've posted the questions in the DYI section.

I had bought the avic f700 and it was a horrible unit, the bt worked and broke, the ipod connection kept on dropping, it took very long to start up I mean I was already halfway to work by the time the unit booted up.

horrible unit the vendor however was great about it he took it back no questions asked.