Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

from Radio/Cd to PCM 2.1 into a 2004 PCS

hello to all,

I\'m new here and I\'m from Romania. I have a 2004 Cayenne S, US version. Mods not to many, the best that I like are the Fabspeed 2ndary cat delete pipes. I\'m glad I\'m here cause I have read until know very interesting threads, and some DIY ones. I hope that when I will finish the instalation on this one, I will make a thread about it, with pictures, etc... I think that this will be my residence forum as long as I will have a P car, cause from what I have seen there are many here that know and share tehnical problems with those cars, not just show and shine. :)

as I\'ve stated in the title, I\'m kind a looking for some help here also. so Long story short - I have found myself owner of an almost new PCM2.1 for Cayenne from my cousin who had it laying around for some time and also no use for it, at no cost at all in a point in which I have almost forgot the ideea of comuting from RC to an AV sistem, my car has the BOSE sistem installed and as far as I have read it helps a bit. Please tell me in order to complete the sistem what else I would need:

- do I need additional wires? or plugs?

- do I need additional antenas for NAVI and Phone?

- do I need additional devices in order to have the NAVIGATION working? I\'ve read about a DVD unit under the seat(passenger?) but on other sites like suncoastporsche, it\'s wrote that everything is integrated in one unit.

- do I have to go to the dealer and start the PCM function on my car?

- anything that I should take special care when doing this.

- is the PCM 2.1 a DVD based navi or a CD one?

- dont think that the 2.1 has the features of 3 one, like touchscreen?

- what are those plugs in the pictures for? antenas for gps, phone and radio?

thanks,

Ilie

post-32992-1221489996_thumb.jpg

Edited by stealthTT

What you have is the head unit only

You will need the under passenger seat DVD player and a large number of components, wiring and fiber optics. inluding front to back wiring which will need you to take most of the car apart

Does your car have PCM2.0 already ? I get the impression not. My advice is to sell it on ebay and buy a TomTom its a horrible job to do and it may never work.

hello to all,

I\'m new here and I\'m from Romania. I have a 2004 Cayenne S, US version. Mods not to many, the best that I like are the Fabspeed 2ndary cat delete pipes. I\'m glad I\'m here cause I have read until know very interesting threads, and some DIY ones. I hope that when I will finish the instalation on this one, I will make a thread about it, with pictures, etc... I think that this will be my residence forum as long as I will have a P car, cause from what I have seen there are many here that know and share tehnical problems with those cars, not just show and shine. :)

as I\'ve stated in the title, I\'m kind a looking for some help here also. so Long story short - I have found myself owner of an almost new PCM2.1 for Cayenne from my cousin who had it laying around for some time and also no use for it, at no cost at all in a point in which I have almost forgot the ideea of comuting from RC to an AV sistem, my car has the BOSE sistem installed and as far as I have read it helps a bit. Please tell me in order to complete the sistem what else I would need:

- do I need additional wires? or plugs?

- do I need additional antenas for NAVI and Phone?

- do I need additional devices in order to have the NAVIGATION working? I\'ve read about a DVD unit under the seat(passenger?) but on other sites like suncoastporsche, it\'s wrote that everything is integrated in one unit.

- do I have to go to the dealer and start the PCM function on my car?

- anything that I should take special care when doing this.

- is the PCM 2.1 a DVD based navi or a CD one?

- dont think that the 2.1 has the features of 3 one, like touchscreen?

- what are those plugs in the pictures for? antenas for gps, phone and radio?

thanks,

Ilie

What you have is the head unit only

You will need the under passenger seat DVD player and a large number of components, wiring and fiber optics. inluding front to back wiring which will need you to take most of the car apart

Does your car have PCM2.0 already ? I get the impression not. My advice is to sell it on ebay and buy a TomTom its a horrible job to do and it may never work.

so, the car has already the Bose suround sistem which is the same for every one: its FIBER OPTICAL based one and its the same one that is used also for RC's and Navi ones like PCM 2.0 or PCM 2.1. so I dont have a problem to conect it to the car right now and play the Radio or the CD if you are thinking about audio conection problem, but I dont have the other DVD unit for Navi - I thought that the NAVI on PCM2.1 is DVD based; I mean the head unit is a dvd based one or I'm wrong? I dont want to use a Tom Tom, because I'm not addicted to navi, I have a small GPS that I use for that, I wanted it more for display and FITTMENT, cause if you look at those that are using different HeadUnits you will see that it doesnt look good at all, because the adapter frame is uglly as hell- the only one that is looking good because it isn't just a flat piece of black plastic costs around 450$, I'm not willing to pay that amount for a plastic, I'm willing to pay more than that in order to have the sistem working. And thats why I have asked what I have to do, if someone has already did it or know what parts I have to get, a electrical diagram will help me also, and as i stated before everything that you think it will help me please dont hesitate.

thanks

ilie.

You will need to run cables from the front of the car to the rear spoiler to install GPS Antenna, you will also need the hardware to go with it. There is a TSB which describes how to install PCM to a car with regular head units. Its available to contributing members of this site. I think it gives a parts list.

Good Luck

Edited by mudman2

• 4 weeks later...
You will need to run cables from the front of the car to the rear spoiler to install GPS Antenna, you will also need the hardware to go with it. There is a TSB which describes how to install PCM to a car with regular head units. Its available to contributing members of this site. I think it gives a parts list.

Good Luck

An update for others, I have installed the PCM2.1, and have to tell that its just plug&play, but for some reasons the TFT is fadding so I have to pull it out and order a new TFT for this unit :). In a few days I will have an almost new PCM unit :). I will make a full thread with pictures an how to do it and what do you need in order to repair the faulty PCM units, also the PCM2.

Hey Mike, I have found something interesting:

my car has the cables for the GPS antenna INSTALLED!! I have changed the rear door lifters, and i have found the cables up there :) , how about that :)

also, the first thing that I want to do and use of it will be to get the phone working, so can you or someone please post a descripition of what I have to get in order to run the Phone, I mean the part numbers of the Antenna and wires, a picture would help a lot

- Becker/Harman - I dont know how many peoples know but MANY MANY parts are interchageble with other cars, since the producer is the same on many cars. for instance the TFT display itself is the same for: BMW Z4&X3, BMW Profesional from E46, X5, E39, Audi all RNS, some VW, Mercedes C class, Opel Astra H, Vectra, called the CID system, and many others. I will test the DVD unit from another more popular car in here, cause that one look almost the same, and has same connectors, and its mede by the same producer.

thanks.

Edited by stealthTT

You can access the TSB's which include a phone prep parts list and install instruction by becoming a contributing member to this site.

Good Luck

An update for others, I have installed the PCM2.1, and have to tell that its just plug&play, but for some reasons the TFT is fadding so I have to pull it out and order a new TFT for this unit :). In a few days I will have an almost new PCM unit :). I will make a full thread with pictures an how to do it and what do you need in order to repair the faulty PCM units, also the PCM2.

Hey Mike, I have found something interesting:

my car has the cables for the GPS antenna INSTALLED!! I have changed the rear door lifters, and i have found the cables up there :) , how about that :)

also, the first thing that I want to do and use of it will be to get the phone working, so can you or someone please post a descripition of what I have to get in order to run the Phone, I mean the part numbers of the Antenna and wires, a picture would help a lot

- Becker/Harman - I dont know how many peoples know but MANY MANY parts are interchageble with other cars, since the producer is the same on many cars. for instance the TFT display itself is the same for: BMW Z4&X3, BMW Profesional from E46, X5, E39, Audi all RNS, some VW, Mercedes C class, Opel Astra H, Vectra, called the CID system, and many others. I will test the DVD unit from another more popular car in here, cause that one look almost the same, and has same connectors, and its mede by the same producer.

thanks.