Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996 Sport Cat, oxygen sensors, P0420, P0430 code

Allright fellow Renntechers...I have posted this question several times and gotten no response. I'll try one more time before I commit. I have a 2000 996 C2 w/ 103k miles. Intermittently I was getting the P0420 and P0430 code by my Durametric system. I attempted to look at the voltages but couldn't display them correctly thus couldn't figure out what they meant. Now the CEL comes on daily after I reset in the evening. At any rate with 103k miles I assume it is time for new oxygen sensors. Maxspeed Motorsports is selling an OE (plug and play) type for $340 for all 4. I have e-mail requests out to Sunset and Suncoast to see what they come up with. Autohasz has BOSCH for $372. Has anyone tried these O2 sensors from Maxspeed?

Next on the list is my catalytic converters. Loren indicates that at 100k is about time for a new catalytic converter anyway. So I have two options: OE style or aftermarkert sport style. I have seen the ones from Maxspeed w/ 200 cell for $900. FVD has some for ~$1100. ZTek has some for ??? don't remember but these were 100 cell (don't think I want to go that low as my understanding is OE is 400 cell). So, question is, has anyone tried these sport cats from Maxspeed or anyone else? Any CEL problems??? Please respond I assume I need to make the plunge soon and want to make sure I don't make an expensive mistake.

Thanks all, this site has been most helpful. Visit it everyday to see what's up!