Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

What's everyone's thoughts on aftermarket intakes? Do any of them give any more power? Do they sound good? I would like to hear from anyone that's actually seen or bought them and whether or not they're worth it. I have a 2004 Turbo model with The UpSolute program and FabSpeed Cat Bypass pipes.

Thanks,

Matt

What's everyone's thoughts on aftermarket intakes? Do any of them give any more power? Do they sound good? I would like to hear from anyone that's actually seen or bought them and whether or not they're worth it. I have a 2004 Turbo model with The UpSolute program and FabSpeed Cat Bypass pipes.

Thanks,

Matt

I have some thoughts about this. If I were you I would go for this, as you said that you have a Turbo model.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/ipd-int...07-p-47482.html along with some BMC or K&N filters.

Dont know if you really need to go with a kit, so that you will remove the boxes. In many cases it happens that the air that actually get into the engine is at higher temps than if you kept the original air boxes. If you take a look at the design of the filter boxes you will see that these are well done in order not to get hot air. still, I think thats why the kit from EVOMS sells, has a firewall and in my opinnion is the only one that deserves to take a look at, as for the sound this one should make more noise that the OEM replacement ones.

you can also check someone that has them and if he has a tool(pst,piwis, durametric, etc.) can check the actual temperatures with and without them. this I think could be an awesome write up actually.

on the other side, my buddy with a hecked up B5 S4, this car puts to the ground close to 500awhp, and he uses OEM air filters :). he is going to install RS6 turbos and he will still use the factory air filters.