Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

3.6L swap writeup?

Has the shop done the swap before? I'm having my 2000 C2 swapped to a 3.6. The company that's doing it (www.roocksport.com) reprograms the 3.4 DME and adds additional hardware and software to run the Vario-Cam Plus. They do these swaps all the time for Boxters and 911's. It has taken them quite some time to get all the bugs out

If your shop hasn't done this before you may be in for some difficulties.

• 2 weeks later...

Todd,

I realize that you are very knowledgeable when it comes to these swaps. I have spoken to several people that have done the swap recently with Roock and are very happy with it. They have had no problems or issues to speak of.

Roock told me that they had many problems at the beginning but were able to work them out. Early problems were TC and cruise control not working. But now that have resolved these issues.

I would like to hear your feedback on this. You can PM me if you like.

One other question...Did you buy all of your engines from Porsche?

Thank you,

Phillip

Edited by phillipj