Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Aluminum Pedals

I'd like to invest in some aluminum pedals for my Boxster to help sporty up the look. I see lots of different ones on ebay and elsewhere, but it is difficult to tell the quality of the craftsmanship based upon a tiny little picture. I've heard that the ones designed specifically for the Boxster are better than the more generic ones that work on a variety of Porsches. What brands do you recommend? What style (yes rubber nobs, no rubber nobs, etc)? Where is the cheapest place to buy them?

Thanks,

-Jeremy

I paid $90 four years ago on eBay but I can't remember the manufacturer. That was for all four pedals made for the Boxster. They're aluminum with raised metal bosses around the holes which really give a good bite on your soles. I never tried the rubber knobs but I can't see them giving as much traction. Couldn't be happier with them and I couldn't justify the $300 for Rennlines or Gemballas.

i bought from RUF while i was on tourist delivery

there are lots of knockoffs that are just like them

probably from the same mfg, mine just said RUF, so they were $$$

i like the nubbies and can use shoes, slippers or bare feet on them

aloha

steve

ps- search the site for installation tips

email me if you want, i have an email in my sent: folder that has most of the info

I paid $90 four years ago on eBay but I can't remember the manufacturer. That was for all four pedals made for the Boxster. They're aluminum with raised metal bosses around the holes which really give a good bite on your soles. I never tried the rubber knobs but I can't see them giving as much traction. Couldn't be happier with them and I couldn't justify the $300 for Rennlines or Gemballas.

I like the Autovation pedals. They are reasonably priced and the gas pedal has a shape which makes sense. The pedals with the extension on the bottom of the gas pedal can be a problem. Since he pedal hinges at the bottom, pressing on that extension does little to depress the pedal and mostly just acts to twist the fragile plastic hinge. The Autovation gas pedal has an extension along most of the side of the pedal. If your feet are narrow, this extension can be very helpful for heel-toe down-shifting. (Keep in mind that a lot of folks just press the brake with the ball of their foot and roll the right side over to the gas pedal.) I like the Competition Matte finish pictured below.

SPP0991M.JPG