Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Still struggling with MAF Sensor type issues

How frustrating!! I take it your 02 sensors work perfectly? I think by now I would be seriously considering letting Porsche run a diagnostic and see what they think...

I've not seen any CELs pointing to the O2 sensors. I have not driven the car long enough, after disconnecting/reconnecting the battery to reset the computer. There were no pending codes with it plugged in but, I assume that takes a few driving cycles. When this all started up, it took a few days to throw a CEL.

The dealer is an option but not for a week or so. I am wondering what tests they might run. It would be nice if they can simply exercise everything and spit out the problem in just a few minutes. All I see are $$$ signs in their eyes.

I appreciate everyone's help. I am hoping, when this gets resolved, that I will be able to help someone else.

I can run a diagnostic with the fields you need to compare and send it to you, but I have a 3.4 996, so it won't be an exact match.

I would like to see some live data if possible. I gently strap my open laptop, facing me, with the passenger seat belt and run the Durametric cord up and over the steering wheel column. I click start/stop only when parked in my garage.

I can run a diagnostic with the fields you need to compare and send it to you, but I have a 3.4 996, so it won't be an exact match.

I would like to see some live data if possible. I gently strap my open laptop, facing me, with the passenger seat belt and run the Durametric cord up and over the steering wheel column. I click start/stop only when parked in my garage.

Hi,

The idle values for your Maf should be 14 to 16 kg/hr, if any higer then either your Maf is messed up or running too rich due to lots of possible causes. If your values are below 14 kg/hr then you have vacuum leak most likely. Look at my posts that have references for specs.

Vizcarra44 ;)

Just an update. Long story short...

I drained some oil as I noticed stuttering reoccurred during acceleration while making a left hand turn. I was aware of a very slight overfill per the dipstick and I was thinking the AOS may be ingesting too much oil foam (or whatever). I am now 3 bars down (oil) after sitting overnight.

Took the car for a spin w/o the MAF to burn any remaining oil and to clear the O2 sensors. (Blue smoke at start-up).

I reset the MAF and life is good so far (<50 miles).

After that, I let the car sit for a couple of days. I did not see any blue smoke out the exhaust upon start-up this morning.

My trip into work this morning was uneventful (a good thing).

I may provide you an update in a week or so.

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Edited by rprieto

• 4 weeks later...