Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2003 C4S PCM date set after battery change

Had to take battery off to charge (didnt realize it also drunk almost 1L of water in 18 months).

1. Put battery back and could not find setting for date neither on PCM nor on board computer. went through the manual where it says how to change time and format for the date but nothing about changing date itself. Silly question, what am i missing? searched this forum but found nothing about this. Is this a PIWIS job?

2. Is the issue of changing battery with less than 1/3 of fuel been fixed for C4 from 2003 onwards?

• Moderators

PIWIS have the possibility to change the date, however in normal situations the PCM will pick up the date as default, after you let sit the car in the open air. I would fill up the tank to full, and look what the fuel gauge do, to be sure.

The same thing is happening to my 03 C4S. Take a look at the 996 TSBs. The very last one on the last page is the one you want (part id 18/03, number 9110).

Basically the time is set automatically in the PCM2 and instrument cluster if the GPS almanac is loaded. The GPS almanac is not available after disconnecting of the battery and must be reloaded. To load the GPS almanac, park the car outside (or where it can get good satellite reception) for about 30 minutes with the ignition key removed and the PCM2 switched on. The GPS almanac should load within this time period. The instrument cluster should also automatically adopt the time from the PCM2.

My car had the wrong date and time. The date eventually re-set itself and now it reads the right date. The time still defaults to 4pm. The problem I have is that I do not have the Navigation discs and I think they may need to be loaded. Anyway, please let me know if this process works for you.

Oscar

I tried leaving the car outside for 1/2 hour with the PCM2 on and the key off the ignition and still nothing happened. Then I when back in the garage and smashed some things. That made me feel a bit better, so I decided to pull the PCM out to see why the GPS was not getting any signal (it was showing 0 satellites all the time). Well, the GPS antenna was not connected! Reconnected the little bugger and left the car out for about 10 minutes. The time and date are working great now! I also went to the dealer and picked up the 2008 map retrofit kit ($299) so everything is working as it should.

Hope this helps fixing yours.

Oscar

• 11 years later...