Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

question about car shows

Hey all,

I love going to car shows and being in that "culture".

I'm wanting to start participating more by actually showing my car.

What are some prerequisites for showing a car in a small/large show?

things like:

What to clean and how?

What do judges look for?

Not enough "mods"/Too stock, worth entering?

Tips from experienced show participants?

What are some things you look for as a viewer of the cars?

thanks guys.

appreciate any insight!

-Steve

Clean it the best you can and then enter a fun show. Preferably a wash'n shine show with just the body and interior judged. It is more fun that way than to obsess.

My first event I arrived minutes before judging after a 4 hour drive. I was able to sorta clean the windshield and throw our stuff in the trunk before judges showed up. Hope they appreciated the bugs on the front bumper cover that I did not have time clean.

Cars were also judged by vote of attendees for Peoples Choice type awards. All I know is we finished below 3rd in the Boxster class.

It was for charity and my wife and I enjoyed the other cars, the people, and the Carolina Barbecue meal with great beers.

And oh yeah, I got gooseflesh when the neighborhood kids lined up at the gate to cheer as one German car after another made "meaningful" exits up thru the gears.

Edited by 70Sixter

I have participated in several British car shows with my TR8 and my advice is to just enjoy the show. At "people's choice" events often the folks who are most active in their car clubs will win regardless of the condition of their car. You can't let it bother you if your votes don't beat a clearly less pristine car.

It's always fun to see the other cars and participate in the show as long as you have the right expectations.