Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

NAV-TV or similar iPod solution with PCM3

Does anyone have experience with adding a Dension, Nav-TV or other iPod/aux input solution to the new Cayennes with the PCM3 headunits?

Although I saw snippets of news on a solution for the PCM3, there is no direct info at the Nav-TV or Dension sites.

Does anyone have experience with adding a Dension, Nav-TV or other iPod/aux input solution to the new Cayennes with the PCM3 headunits?

Although I saw snippets of news on a solution for the PCM3, there is no direct info at the Nav-TV or Dension sites.

there is OEM kit that works well, charges IPOD, USB aux input. cheapest of them all at around $400

there is OEM kit that works well, charges IPOD, USB aux input. cheapest of them all at around $400

But is that actually on the MOST bus, or an FM transmitter?

A friend who had the OEM piece (for the PCM3) had the dealer pull it out - he was not happy with the quality of the experience compared to the Dension GW500 he had in his last Cayenne (with PCM2.1).

6speedonline has a topic with a very happy guy who added PCM3 OEM. It is MOST solution (FM transmitter is PCM 2.1 solution). Dension doesnt support PCM3 (you can buy and try but i doubt). Your other alternative is Nav-tv media solution (bluetoth, input for reverse camera, + IPOD connector (oem parts) for which they ask $1600. if that seems too much go to Sunset parts and buy OEM for $400 something.

if you want a cheap alternative to OEM i ll have schematics next week so you can manufacture it yourself (you will still need PIWIS coding but that is the case with OEM solution)

PCMIII is a hard design as its so different. Dont expect a good third party design any time soon

6speedonline has a topic with a very happy guy who added PCM3 OEM. It is MOST solution (FM transmitter is PCM 2.1 solution). Dension doesnt support PCM3 (you can buy and try but i doubt). Your other alternative is Nav-tv media solution (bluetoth, input for reverse camera, + IPOD connector (oem parts) for which they ask $1600. if that seems too much go to Sunset parts and buy OEM for $400 something.

if you want a cheap alternative to OEM i ll have schematics next week so you can manufacture it yourself (you will still need PIWIS coding but that is the case with OEM solution)

PCMIII is a hard design as its so different. Dont expect a good third party design any time soon

moni from nav-tv claimed his unit works back in August. people still selling his units (priced at 1600 is too much for me). i dont know what the reliability is but if one can make a connector to replace OEM solution ($400+) for ($50) with all the OEM functionality (charge, playlists, control from steering wheel etc) why bother with anything else?

• 2 weeks later...
moni from nav-tv claimed his unit works back in August. people still selling his units (priced at 1600 is too much for me). i dont know what the reliability is but if one can make a connector to replace OEM solution ($400+) for ($50) with all the OEM functionality (charge, playlists, control from steering wheel etc) why bother with anything else?

Following the thoughts here and the info at 6speed, I ordered up the Porsche PCM3 iPod/USB/Aux pieces from Suncoast. I should get those parts soon and I'll post on the final results. Probably the toughest part is going to get a dealer around here to enable the PCM for this accessory - none of their parts departments are aware that anything other than the Porsche RF solution is available, right now.

I have a 2009 with Bluetooth and IPod interface from factory. The IPod works flawless. I had third party on 997 and this is far better. The Blutooth is another story. Always disconnects on first call when you use a turn signal. Porsche has promised a fix since the fall. I am not holding my breath.