Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

problem with 2004 Cayenne hitch electrics -- SonarStep

I have a 2004 Cayenne with factory installed towing package. It did not have a towing 'receptacle' so I bought one that I found on the web that goes on a Toureg. I installed that fine, removing the cover plate, and putting this in. It now has a nice 7 pin 'plug' with covering flap.

I also purchased a Dophin Wireless Sensing System--SonarStep http://www.mechanics-warehouse.com/dolphin-step.htm and hooked it up.

Him..not working. So, I called tech support at the manufacturer and checked fuses, etc.. And, I put a voltmeter on the 'receptacle' and I get 12v on some of the connections and some kind of alternativing 6v power on some (when the car is in reverse). The guy asked me to find out what is the power diagram for the Cayenne.

Basically, the thing is not getting power from the receptacle I put in, but I get power on a couple of the clips in the receptacle when I put it in reverse.

Am I supposed to get power on all? I guess it depends on if the turn signal, etc is on...things like that.

So...:

question 1: has anyone successfully hooked up a 'SonarStep' to their Cayenne and how did they get it to work?

question 2: can anyone give me a diagram of the 7 pin connector? I see it is a 7 pin A connector from the Cayenne owners manual...but I am lost beyond that.

Thank you

Michael

• Moderators

Is there no OEM park assist present in your car? If yes, someone with a PIWIS tool can change the program choice to "Trailer hitch present" The distance measurement between a obstacle and the car will extend with the length of the hitch. I wonder if the car's factory towing system is still functioning since 6 volt is never used.

I just bought a sonar step also this week since my 08 cayenne s does not have factory parking sensors but does have factory wired hitch. I was hoping this would be a simple easy. If anyone has the hitch wiring diagram this would help. Hoping to install soon!

• 3 weeks later...