Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

SS Skid plate detailed Install instructions

Pictures posted here: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthr...&threadid=15008

Ask for Jeff at Sunset Imports it was $208 shipped.

FYI I just placed my order with Sunset Imports

955 505 900 00 96.81

955 505 901 00 61.96

955 505 902 00 11.63

955 505 903 00 11.63

955 044 800 59 6.20

$188.23

Installing does require you to remove the front bumper.

You Need

Drill & bits

Torx set 2 bits T25,T26&T27 2 of the three can't remember without looking. I recommend using the socket Torx in fact I don't think you can get a full size Torx screwdriver in front of the wheel.

Ratchet and extension

Needle nose pliars if you have pop up headlight washers

Phillips screwdriver

-There are 5 or 6 torx screws in each wheel well that needs to be removed.

-There are 2 torx screws near the bumper turn signals one up one forward on each side.

-on the rear of the existing plastic skid plate there are 4 ot 5 Torx bolts that need to be removed. at each end there is a Phillips headed screw.

-Under the Hood there are 4 torx screws and 2 plugs that need to be removed.

-Once you remove all of these screws and bolts (This is where a helping hand comes in handy. You need to reach in on the side and pull up on a lever that is a latch each side has one. You can feel it. Towards the top on the side of the bumper cover about a 12-18" in. Once you release these the bumper will slide out.

-If you have the Pop up headlight washers you need to unhook the hose and clamp it. I used a set of needle nose vice grips to pinch off the hose.

-There is also a wiring harness that needs to be removed both the hose and wiring harness are on the passenger side near the fender.

Now that you have the bumper off.

-Remove the Eye hook covers completely.

- You need to drill holes into the existing plastic skid plate. There are little raised circles to direct you where to drill. there is about 10-12 holes that need to be drills. Use a drill bit that is the size of the circle.

-Now that the holes are drilled flip the bumper cover over (So that it is sitting nose up to the ceiling) and put your Skid plate in place. I left the plastic protective film on until the job was done. I recommend not removing the film.

-Before the next step make sure you have the plastic skid plate extension piece placed between the existing skid plate and the new SS skid plate. It is like a puzzle when you are looking at it you will know where it goes. Now Holding it in place start putting on the clips the large clips go around the outside the small clips go on up towards the nose where there is a small clearance. After you have a couple on Flip the bumper cover over so that the skid plate is on the floor. (I used towels for cushion) use a set of needle nose pliers to push the clamps down on the posts. You will understand when you are doing this it can be done with your fingers but you will have torn up hands by the end. Make sure you did not miss any of the posts.

-I installed my Silver Hood crest at this point.

-Now start putting everything back together. Just follow the directions I gave you to remove the bumper to put it back on. In reverse of course!

- Peel the film from the Skid plate.

-Install the two rubber Eye hook covers

Woo hoo your done now sit back and appreciate your success!