Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Air Box Removal

Ok, finally got my air box out of the engine bay. I have been searching for it here and surfing online to see if anyone has removed their air box and replaced it with a cold air intake. After 2 hours of cutting this thing into small pieces, I found out that the tube that goes on the side vents(left side) is the one that's catching on the hole. Therefore, there's no more when you try to yank it out. However, a good pull from the driver's side vent(remove the side vent in order to access the tubing) will pull this tubing out. You don't have to cut your air box(just like most of us did) or lower the engine, all you have to do is removed the three screws, one on the side fender and one below it and one on the driver side firewall, then pull the long tubing from the driver's side vent, and then you'll be able to remove the air box. So, now you can install your new cold air intake. What a pain in the rear cutting that thing...hope this help you guys when you replace your own air box air filter....

Ok, finally got my air box out of the engine bay. I have been searching for it here and surfing online to see if anyone has removed their air box and replaced it with a cold air intake. After 2 hours of cutting this thing into small pieces, I found out that the tube that goes on the side vent(left side) is the one that's catching on the hole. Therefore, there's no room when you try to yank it out. However, a good pull from the driver's side vent(remove the side vent in order to access the tubing) will pull this tubing out. You don't have to cut your air box(just like most of us did) or lower the engine, all you have to do is removed the three screws, one on the side fender and one below it and one on the driver side firewall, then pull the long tubing from the driver's side vent, and then you'll be able to remove the air box. So, now you can install your new cold air intake. What a pain in the rear cutting that thing...hope this help you guys when you replace your own air box air filter....

HERE ARE THE PHOTOS...ENJOY..SOUNDS REALLY AWESOME...AND I CAN FEEL THE DIFFERENCE ESPECIALLY WHEN REACHING 4 TO 6000 RPMS...NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AS WELL....

post-27827-1245899554_thumb.jpg

post-27827-1245899560_thumb.jpg

post-27827-1245899567_thumb.jpg

post-27827-1245899572_thumb.jpg

post-27827-1245899582_thumb.jpg

post-27827-1245899591_thumb.jpg

post-27827-1245899597_thumb.jpg

Edited by jvcuenca

• 13 years later...

To add the airbox won’t come out with above instructions. I removed the 3 10mm bolts and split the airbox in half with a chisel at the join. Came out in 5 minutes and can be glued back together and used again if required. 

also the lower bolt is accessible from the engine back. You can’t access it from the snorkel side 

FD26B4BA-FF0E-467A-AA0B-B2BCE2C769BC.jpeg

Edited by BoostDR