Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Slick Tyres 19" for GT3 RS ?

patrickb

try tirerack.

www.tirerack.com

Paul

Well, Paul, i did that already but no 19" shows up, except the Hoovier semi-slick , not much different from Michelin Pilot Sport Cup.

Just wonder why only18" full slick available, std and widely available for Carrera Cup, but not even 19" seem do exist, while 997 GT3, GT3, TT, GT2 are all on 19" wheels..... Economic crisis oblige...

I keep searching.

Patrick

The TRG racing crew put 18" tires on all of there

997 cars.

Paul

Thanks Paul. yet can a 18" wheel be fitted with on 997 GT3 RS with PCCB ? It seems OK in the rear, but in the front, apprently seem too crowded.

What wheels & full slick size would you recommend, as i will have a specific set for the track

original

Front Stock come with 19 x 8.5 with 235/30 tyres.....

Rear Stock 19 x 12 with 305/30 tyres...

thx

997 cars.

Paul

Thanks Paul. yet can a 18" wheel be fitted with on 997 GT3 RS with PCCB ? It seems OK in the rear, but in the front, apprently seem too crowded.

What wheels & full slick size would you recommend, as i will have a specific set for the track

original

thx

There are quite a few race wheel manufacturers who build 18" Porsche size wheels to clear the big brake kits. Check out CCWheels.com, they are some of the best and have good prices and excellent customer service. Their CCW C14 or C12, or C10 in an 18" x 9" wheel with a 53 offset will easily clear your 997 PCCB brakes.

I believe Champion and HRT also have 18's that clear the PCCBs, as does BBS and Chargraphic's GT series.

Check out CCW's new LM series of 3 piece wheels. You can get an width up to 16" with 16" 17" and 18" diameters only. They can build them to any offset that you desire. For a GT3, a brand new set of these go for $2,800.00 with the 12" x 18" weighing in somewhere between 20 to 21 lbs. The front 9" is probably around 18 lbs!

I cannot say enough good things about CCW. I personally run their 18" x 9" with a 53 offset and 997 PCCB's - no problems!

Stephen

997 cars.

Paul

original

thx

There are quite a few race wheel manufacturers who build 18" Porsche size wheels to clear the big brake kits. Check out CCWheels.com, they are some of the best and have good prices and excellent customer service. Their CCW C14 or C12, or C10 in an 18" x 9" wheel with a 53 offset will easily clear your 997 PCCB brakes.

I believe Champion and HRT also have 18's that clear the PCCBs, as does BBS and Chargraphic's GT series.

Check out CCW's new LM series of 3 piece wheels. You can get an width up to 16" with 16" 17" and 18" diameters only. They can build them to any offset that you desire. For a GT3, a brand new set of these go for $2,800.00 with the 12" x 18" weighing in somewhere between 20 to 21 lbs. The front 9" is probably around 18 lbs!

I cannot say enough good things about CCW. I personally run their 18" x 9" with a 53 offset and 997 PCCB's - no problems!

Stephen

Thanks Stephen, you are lifting some of the mystery.

Considering that i will build a specific set wheel + tyres, for TRACK PURPOSE ONLY then I am thinking:

18 x 9" Rim (CCW or Champion) with 265ZR35/ (Front)

18 x 12 Rim with 315ZR30 (Rear) or 325/30

with the lightest wheels types, maybe Champion RS28 or RG5-B or even Dymag Carco, and tyres either full Slick or Hoosier A6

What tyres types are you using for the track ?

patrick

Sounds like you are on the right track. Buying

track tires makes things complicated. Some tires

are qualifing tires

and some run thru alot of heat cycles. I would go with Hosier

for your first set. They stay good thru alot of heat

cycles. If you have any questions just call TRG. Tell

them you have some racing questions concerning wheels

and track alingment.

Paul

Thanks Paul, will do.

I live in Shanghai, and my car is serviced on....F1 track there, so car is mostly used on that fantastic track, so i can swap wheel tyres anytime conveniently. I see there GT3 cup asia here service on 18" wheel/tyres with Michelin but none using PCCB. Your previous note anyhow gave me hopes.

In contact with Champion/rim and TRG for tyres....

For the story, on F1 track shanghai (5.5 km). the laptimes are

F1 cars : 1'35" best

GP2 cars ; 1.45" best

Formula Renault:2'06" best (which I drive too, at 2.09)

Porsche Carrera Cup / 460hp(with Slick); 2'12"

My GT3 RS on MPSC: 2.29 "

All Ferrari 430 on MPSC :> 2.30"

Looking at the difference from my GT3 RS with Carrera Cup, i am sure with the slick and light wheels, can improve by more than 10s , the rest being

power, suspension, aero, weight.

will tell you later.

patrick

Stiffen up the rear swaybar and get the wheels aligned for

track use. There is 3 to 4 more seconds.

Paul

Hi Paul, finally i contacted CCwheel.com, i was told they got 18" wheels can clear OEM PCCB (C10 model) , and 18" are the max size for full Slick Tires. They recommend full slick Hoosier R100's series 18" x 320 19 x 250 for rim 18" x 12" R, 18 x 9" F

Still checking if that work. I have abandonned my quest for 19" full slick...

Patrick