Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I suspect you have a factory installed PSE that goes to the 'quiet mode' at low speeds. It must conform to German noise abatement laws.

There are a few things that you can do to work around this 'auto switching' behaviour.

1. You can remove the connector going to the PSE vacuum solenoid to force it to stay 'loud' all the time. No DME control.

or

2. Install a separate switch to the control the PSE vacuum solenoid. This switch would simply open' the wire providing the +12v signal to the solenoid. You would have to splice into the +12v signal from the DME to the PSE solenoid. When the switch interrupts the +12v signal you would be in the 'loud mode' all the time. When the switch doesn't interrupt the +12v signal the DME would have control over the PSE.

No. 2 requires you to install a switch (typically placed in the ash tray compartmart) and perform the required wiring. It's not a big deal but is does requires some mechanical & electrical DIY skills.

FYI: I have a switch controlling my PSE so I can turn it on or off depending on my mood. It's in the loud mode 99% of the time. It's off when the wife is in the car. She doesn't appreciate the sweet exhaust sounds.

I hope my suggestions help.

Good Luck!

1. You can remove the connector going to the PSE vacuum solenoid to force it to stay 'loud' all the time. No DME control.

Where do I find the "connector going to the PSE vacuum solenoid"?

I hope this helps!

IMG_11771280x768.jpg

IMG_11761280x768.jpg

what do you mean Dme control?

If you have a factory installed PSE w/ Sport Chrono the DME controls the vacuum solenoid when you're in the 'Sport Mode'.

• 1 month later...

The DME is the generic term for the engine management control unit. This is the control unit that controls the engine and also received inputs from the Sport / PASM/ PSE buttons on the center console. The DME activates the PSE as a result of the PSE or Sport button being pressed if the car is specced with the system.

• Moderators

There is no solution if you want to upgrade the exhaust and keep the stock PSE usable at the same time, you can go for an aftermarket sport exhaust, which are always loud. The SPORT button keeps preserving the other functions as normal.