Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How to remove rollbar from 986?

Dear all,

I need to paint my rollbar to silver but cant find the way to remove it anybody help please...

It is bolted down in four places.

You have to pull the carpet and sound insulation up to expose the bolts at the four posts. Once exposed, it is quite easy to un bolt.

If you don't quite follow, I can get pictures end of this week of where it mounts, as I just stripped my car, including removing the factory hoops.

Dear all,

I need to paint my rollbar to silver but cant find the way to remove it anybody help please...

It is bolted down in four places.

You have to pull the carpet and sound insulation up to expose the bolts at the four posts. Once exposed, it is quite easy to un bolt.

If you don't quite follow, I can get pictures end of this week of where it mounts, as I just stripped my car, including removing the factory hoops.

Yes please, the pictures would be nice i m planning to work on this over the weekend

Thank you

Dear all,

Hope these photos help. The hoops have four legs. The forward ones go basically straight down and are bolted to the floor on the outside rear of the seats. That is what I tried to show in this first picture on the driver's side. It is under the carpet, which has sound insulation on the back of it - you will have to pull all that back out of the way, but you will be able to mash it back in place.

The other legs go back at an angle into the convertible top area. You will need to pull back the black rubbery material to expose those bolts. I think I took my roll hoop out after having removed the top, so you will need to figure out the best way to configure the top to get access to these angled legs...I would think start in the service position to get to them, and then move to pull the hoops straight up and out.

Note I set the roll hoop back in the car for the photos - so the nuts on the threaded rods are missing, of course.

post-26886-1247836933_thumb.jpg

post-26886-1247836980_thumb.jpg