Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Can All Year(97-04) Litronics Fit A 2004 Boxster?

• Moderators

If I remember correctly litronics did not come out until 1999. All Boxster and pre 2002 996 lits are the same and will work on a 2004. There is a retrofit kit for about $1,100 that has all the parts including the headlights.

If you buy just the headlights then you just put them in and they will work. If you do not have the separate control unit connected then you will not get the low beam rotation. You can buy the control unit and the wiring harness, and that is in the pic. The control unit mounts in the trunk behind the carpet.

post-4-1096105416_thumb.jpg

just as TP said, if you just have the lights and want the "rotating" light feature to work you need the harness kit as well. It's a fairly simply install as well. I have seen the kits on eBay go for about 150 or so. The believe the part number for the kit is 996 612 988 00.

I am in the market for litronic headlight conversions and I have found the actualy headlight unit for real cheap however he does not have anything else. What other parts do I need and how much would it cost me? Any help would be appreciated.

There is a probability that if someone has Litronics for sale cheap on ebay, they were "ripped off" a parked Boxster. Since it is unlikely that many people remove litronics to put in standard headlights, the 2 most likely reasons to have these lights for sale cheap is A) stolen or B) parting out the car. Stealing these lights is quick and easy.

:soapbox:

IMO - If a recognized car parts company is selling them for a reasonable price, they are much more likely to be legitimate.

I'm no expert. What you do with these opinions is up to you.

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but I will give it a shot:

1. Buy the complete kit (litronics, wiring harness, etc.) from Sunset, B-Wine, etc. for $1100-$1500 depending on the day.

2. Buy a set used off of eBay for roughly 600-800 and then buy the wiring harness as well, have seen them on eBay as well (about $100-200).

Just make sure you but the correct set (99-01 996 and ALL years 986 are the same).

Current Part Number for the complete litronics lights are:

000 044 900 41

All you need is the wiring harness which was sold on ebay the other day, those appear to be whole units, which you asked about.

Then splice and go, litronics have two busses :eek: for you two plug into where the stock clear or amber mix has a single buss.

;) Scott

post-1355-1096409274_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrmickeymouse

Scott that guy you gave me the email address to never responded to me. I emailed him twice. I rather buy your unit if I can get a hold of the other guy because I feel that you are more reliable. However, I cant get a hold of the other guy to get the other side of the litronics. :( ... I still have like 2 days before your auction ends. So hopefully he will return my emails by then. Frank

You bought the other set right....

I will probably be selling my litronic, some time in the near future, if not.

I am sorry he did not return your mail [that reflects on me], I told him about you and he said he was having computer problems [maybe that was it].

Let me know if you want me to call him. [e-mail me]

Scott