Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Need to change the shocks, mine were changed under warranty.

Warranty has ended and I was hoping this could be a DIY project with some guidance from the members of this forum.

I did not change mine so cannot guide you, but there is nothing special about the shocks and you may be able to get any parts store such as Auto zone to look if they carry compatible shocks, changing should be simply disconnecting the old ones and replacing the new ones.

• Moderators

There are 4 pumps (2 small and 2 big) to replace in case the door falls downwards by himself. The pumps are located left and right under the roof rear trim, watch your fingers, the door is very heavy with the pumps removed, you need a helper or a pillar to keep the door up.

I did this one and replaced one (should have done both) part is about $80.00. You need to remove the rear cover that houses the rear speakers and light, be careful removing the panel and only drop it slightly so you can remove the wires for the speakers and light. There are clips that hold that piece to the metal roof structure. They are pushed on to the plastic of the rear cover panel. If they get stuck in the roof just remove them with needle nosed pliers (90 degree angled ones work best). You may need to lower the headliner. It's been a while since I changed mine but I remember removing the B pillar trim which is between the front and rear windows by the front seat belt adjustor. Then carefully lower the headliner just an couple of inches. Once you have the area opened you will see a 2 inch by 6 inch opening with styro foam in it. The styro foam is covering the shock. Remove the styro foam. There are 2 shocks the larger one is for the door the smaller is for the window. The shock is held in by clip, release the clip and unhook the shock. On the replacement you just back the clip out slightly and when you slip it over the ball joint it should snap on. The panel removal can take an hour or two to remove and replace. The shock replacement takes 5 minutes. Take your time so you do not break any of the panels or clips or they may not fit the way they did when new or worse yet you could have something rattle!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...