Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2003 Boxter S Air/Oil Seperator

Just bought a 2003 Boxter S with a serious smoke problem. I expected the engine needed replacing but after doing a bit of research i discovered it could be a simple fix. Bought a new air oil seperator from Porsche today and was garaunteed it was the correct one as there was only one that fitted all.

Turns out it doens fit mine so got another one comming in tomora.

Fingers crossed it will fix it.

The smoke is absolutely billowing out, you cant even start it as it fills the garage straight away.

Cars done 102, 000 miles but engine runs gorgeous and sounds great.

Ive romoved the old valve and theres quite a bit of oil in the pipes so will let you know tomora.

Heres a pic of the car and my valve and the wrong valve.

Pretty easy job so far.

Btw, New member here.....Hi ;)

post-49839-1255614106_thumb.jpg

post-49839-1255614139_thumb.jpg

Just bought a 2003 Boxter S with a serious smoke problem. I expected the engine needed replacing but after doing a bit of research i discovered it could be a simple fix. Bought a new air oil seperator from Porsche today and was garaunteed it was the correct one as there was only one that fitted all.

Turns out it doens fit mine so got another one comming in tomora.

Fingers crossed it will fix it.

The smoke is absolutely billowing out, you cant even start it as it fills the garage straight away.

Cars done 102, 000 miles but engine runs gorgeous and sounds great.

Ive romoved the old valve and theres quite a bit of oil in the pipes so will let you know tomora.

Heres a pic of the car and my valve and the wrong valve.

Pretty easy job so far.

Btw, New member here.....Hi ;)

As you know now, the one on the right is the old style AOS that mounts with bolts through the side. The new one mounts at the base.

You might need to clean out the air distributors, the J tube and the throttle body of oil. Just a clean rag to sop it up. While you are there, since this is an e-gas car, it is pretty easy to remove the throttle body and clean he flapper with carb cleaner.

Cheers for the Reply and advice!

Just noticed a small pool of oil on the floor dripping from the air filter housing.

Took the air filter out and there is a small pool of oil at the bottom inside the housing, must be coming from the big pipe going into it so like you say, probably needs all the pipes removing and taking off and cleaning out.