Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Alarm issues after top fixed

Hi all.

In a previous post I described that I had water under passenger seat on the carpet in my 05 Boxster tiptronic. Took it to the shop and they said that I was lucky to bring it in before the alarm got messed up and that there was some sort of hole caused by previous owner which allowed water in. Had to also replace top lining where shoestring thing broke. $1200 later I get the car but now ever 2 or so weeks usually between 10:30pm and 2;30 am, the alarm goes off with no reason. My horn beeps and lights blink. I disarm it by unlocking and locking the door back. It could happen while I'm at work but don't know it, but I have no error codes or anything suggesting there is a problem. All just seem normal until I and the neighbors are awakened by my blaring horn. Could the shop have set something and forgotten to unset it to protect it while there? They had the car for 3 days. They explicitly said my alarm was fine, but could it be some water did get in and cause a problem? If so, does anyone know a remedy or even just a way to disarm it at least while under my carport? I would love to solve this myself as I am tapped out from the last repair. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help you may provide. Oh - the water getting in was some fluke of a thing where they said they had never seen such a hole - like golfball sized which they found when taking the top apart. The carpet was damp or even wet, but I had sopped up what I could and the Porsche place shopvacced it as well. There is no residue odor or anything, so am sure hoping this is an unrelated and hopefully easy alarm fix. AGain, thanks for hearing me out and offering any help.

Laura (quadgirl)

I haven't tested it, but I think you can manually lock the doors when you leave. Hit the button on the dashboard to lock both doors, then when you get out only your door will open (you'll have to pull the handle once to unlock, and once to open it). Then you can use the key to lock it, without arming the system. Again, I haven't tested it, but that's what I'd first test.

The real question is, is there a way to see exactly which sensor triggered the alarm using a PIWIS or something? Then you can figure out what's going on with that sensor.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it. I didn't think of trying to see what triggered it, but will have to rely on the shop to do that since I don't have the PIWIS. Still, great food for thought. Thanks again!

I haven't tested it, but I think you can manually lock the doors when you leave. Hit the button on the dashboard to lock both doors, then when you get out only your door will open (you'll have to pull the handle once to unlock, and once to open it). Then you can use the key to lock it, without arming the system. Again, I haven't tested it, but that's what I'd first test.

The real question is, is there a way to see exactly which sensor triggered the alarm using a PIWIS or something? Then you can figure out what's going on with that sensor.