Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Any Help regardin Error Messages

therock88

HI...

I have a crazy condition on my 07 997 TT. I washed the car and moved it into the 3rd bay. It ran fine earlier and when I parked it. After about an hour I started it again and

the display gives me just about every signal possible...Tiptronic Emrgency run, PTM failure, System Failure, PASM Failure, Brake...etc. It starts and runs fine, but the tiptronic indicator flashes from M to D and the error messages keep cycling and suggest to go to a dealer. This is odd, as nothing happened to it...I just moved it in my garage?

I disconnected the battery for a while, but that no longer works apparently as nothing cleared on the display.

Any idea of what this could be? Is it safe to drive, if I need to get to a dealer about 45 miles away?

Thanks!

Could be a charging system fault. Water gets into the alternator and temporarily stops it from charging which in turns sets off all sorts of warnings. Let it dry out and all should be well again. You might have codes recorded in various control modules showing low voltages that won't interfere with any operations.

Did you use a high pressure system and wash the engine off?

Could be a charging system fault. Water gets into the alternator and temporarily stops it from charging which in turns sets off all sorts of warnings. Let it dry out and all should be well again. You might have codes recorded in various control modules showing low voltages that won't interfere with any operations.

Did you use a high pressure system and wash the engine off?

Thanks for your thoughts. I did spray the car, but I never spray the engine...With the decklid on the TT water does get in there a bit. Not too much though, and I wipe it down afterward.

I tried again today and still have every warning, and when I try to drive the Tiptronic is in emergency run mode so all that turbo power goes about 30 mph :) The speedo does not work, nor the fuel guage or pretty much anything but the PCM and the Tach. Won't go in Sport Chrono mode and won't shift!

I have an OBD software package that works on my 996's and Cayenne but it will not work on here and I have no Durmetric (too poor from buying all the cars) so I cannoy clear the codes..

I just Called Porsche NA and they are going to flatbed to the dealer just to be sure I do not cause any additional damage. I was hoping to avoid that, but...Oh well. I will use a little of the service I paid so well for.

Thanks again...I will update when I find out the issue.

DC

Update. This is the oddest thing I have ever heard! The Porsche dealer found a fuse on row C that controls the PCM missing? Once plugged in everything works perfectly. The odd thing is that I did not even open the panel until after the messages started....Also cannot find the fuse that was missing....So there was one fuse block on row C with no fuse in it and no fuse anywhere in the car...

Now that is a gremlin! At least the car is ready to drive again! Just very odd.

The dealer asked if I could have sucked it out while I was cleaning/vacuuming the car.... but how could it suck through a closed fuse panel? :)

Interesting to say the least....And I am sure they think I am nuts or lying?