Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

help! blown both inter coolers 997 TT mod 07

911rs

hi,

today 1 second after pushing the sport bottum I heard the big blast (huge backfire) and found the both inter cooler brocken :o .

the 997 turbo is european model 2007 with sport chrono, 6000 miles on odo only in perfect condition.

fabspeed headers , tubi sport cats and mufflers.

could someone please help me what was the reason of the back fire? have had ever seen this before?

best regards and thnx in advance

911rs

Edited by 911rs

It could have been a lean condition or ignition timing fault that cause the backfire into the intake system. I would first contact the company that altered your ECU programming.

Is that the recommended octane rating for your engine?

• 6 months later...

hi,

today 1 second after pushing the sport bottum I heard the big blast (huge backfire) and found the both inter cooler brocken :o .

the 997 turbo is european model 2007 with sport chrono, 6000 miles on odo only in perfect condition.

fabspeed headers , tubi sport cats and mufflers.

could someone please help me what was the reason of the back fire? have had ever seen this before?

best regards and thnx in advance

911rs

What came out of the intercoolers? Did you buy the stock intercoolers? Was it fixed under warranty? When you say Tubi Sport Cats? Is that Tubi regular or Tubi Race? And last question. Don't Tubi make the exhaust with headers? What was the reason using the Fabspeed headers and Tubi Exhaust?

Sorry for too many questions. I am trying to learn.

Fabspeed makes a very good header for Turbo. So does Maxspeed Motorsports. Some people prefer the sound of the Tubi so they combine components. Remember when you hear the term "sport cats" it means 200 cell catalytic converters (stock cats are 800 cell and much more restrictive.) 200 cell cats are legal and will pass smog checks. When the say "race" it usually means no cats which make the car illegal on the highway (not to mention extremely loud.) Hope this helps..

As for his warranty covering the intercoolers... Probably not... If their computer detects he has altered the ECU the warranty will be void. (Unless the Porsche dealer did the mods.)

Edited by phillipj

Fabspeed makes a very good header for Turbo. So does Maxspeed Motorsports. Some people prefer the sound of the Tubi so they combine components. Remember when you hear the term "sport cats" it means 200 cell catalytic converters (stock cats are 800 cell and much more restrictive.) 200 cell cats are legal and will pass smog checks. When the say "race" it usually means no cats which make the car illegal on the highway (not to mention extremely loud.) Hope this helps..

As for his warranty covering the intercoolers... Probably not... If their computer detects he has altered the ECU the warranty will be void. (Unless the Porsche dealer did the mods.)

Phillip,

Thank you, that is very clear. I didn't know the difference in the past. I need to write it down to memorize. Sports Cat = 200 Cell Catalytic Converters. I am paying very high dollars to get the job done at Momentum Porsche in Houston. I don't feel like paying too much, but rather paying the right price for the top notch work. They are going to use my vehicle this Sat. to show to Porsche enthusiast. Warranty was the reason I chose the Momentum Porsche and I didn't want to get bounced around between shops if the problems arise in the future. I have a close friend and he told me that he has been dealing with Momentum for last 7 years with all type of modification work and have not had any unfair incidents from them. Again, thank you and I will let you guys know something soon about car's sound and performance.