Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Error code while driving in this morning

m32

I have a 01 996TT and I was driving into work this morning and my CEL came on. I read the code and it was showing P0480. This CEL popped up a week before when I was driving and I was really low on gas (which was the first time it showed up).

Does anyone know what this code means and how to permanently fix the issue? Thanks in advance

Edwin

Radiator fans stage one inoperative. The cooling fans (2) in front of the car got three speeds. The slower speed is not functioning properly. If you got access to a Durametric this function can be test easily using "drive links". But first take a look at both fuses C8 and C18 (radiators left + right). If the fuses are ok the next step should be the relays (see the pics). Try to found why you got no power to one or both of thoses fans....

post-29683-1266501269_thumb.png post-29683-1266501282_thumb.png post-29683-1266501290_thumb.png post-29683-1266501298_thumb.png post-29683-1266502185_thumb.png

Edited by jpflip

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I cleared the error code on my brockway R1000 and it didn't come back. I have been driving it and noticed recently that when the car is running (rear decklid fan is on) but the moment I shut the car off, the fan shuts off. Is this right? I thought the cars fan should be running to keep the engine temp down? I noticed that 5 minutes after I shut off the car, the engine temp on my brockway unit was flashing at 194 degrees. The temp while driving seems normal (183 while driving but 189 while stopped at red lights). Does the error code (original post) have something to do with this? Thanks everyone

Edwin

Edited by m32

At coolant temp at 221F (105C) or compartment temp at 172F (78C) the fan start until compartment temp is down to 140F (60C). Protection is provided up to 40 minutes after engine is stopped and again if temp goes up to 172F fan start..... Found in the book "996 the essential companion" page 178.