Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Front Differential Seal Part #

Just curious. The Porsche part# 999 113 454 40 is available for about $26.00 (Pelican)... Do you think the ones for Mercedes are better?

Just for fun I have looked at several Mercedes parts for transmission, different years, different types and they don't mention the size of the seals, 40 X 60X 9, like Porsche do.... Too bad because the mercedes seals overhaul are a lot cheaper....

No Pcar dealer in Kelowna but we do have a Merc dealer. They are half the price from Mercedes according to Adam who did a DIY on here. I called one of my buddies who works at Carlsen Porsche, he could not find the Merc #...darn it! They are the same so I am told. I would prefer to source them locally like the *** bearings which I have a good line on.

Thats too funny it blocked out F.........A........G. Bearings LOL

clapping.gif Thats funny! Good luck in your research Ben and if you got any success just pass the info if possible... thankyou.gif

Do you think I can find this part, Jebus....I have spent all afternoon surfing for it......... Grrrr ...nothing!mad.gif

• 1 year later...

Sorry for dragging an old post up, but how did it go replacing the seal? I have to do the same and am trying to arm myself with info for before I pull the shaft out. I have the new seals and am assuming i'll just grab the old seal and yank it out and then tap the new seal in place with a large socket to keep it true? Any pointers?