Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Remove m490 Nokia amp

Hope that some knows the answer to this, just found out that i only have the m490 4 channel amp, and i bought rear speakers, but i am not able to hear them as my amp (standard nokia) does not have the connection.. what i want to try is revert back from the amp and hook up all the speakers to my becker cascade pro .. anyone done this? where are the speaker cables? dont seem to find any, all wires go to the amp or do i need to cut the and rout them back??

Options - suggestions - other advice why don't or do it are very welcome ..

I'm not familiar with the Becker Cascade so my experience may not be relevant to your situation.

When I installed the rear speakers on my 2000, I was able to wire the speakers to the head unit (Becker CDR-220) and avoid changing the wiring for the other speakers. I later purchased a used six-channel amplifier from a 996 cabriolet which permits me to power all six speakers from the amp. The M680 needs only minor modification when used to replace the M490.

The sound quality is slightly better using the amp instead of the head unit.

I believe that if you decide to use an after-market amp that the most convenient method would be to use the speaker wires that run to the existing amp. This post has the wiring diagram:

Good luck with your project.

• Upvote 1

I was able to wire the speakers to the head unit (Becker CDR-220) and avoid changing the wiring for the other speakers.

[/quote}

Thanks but that is what i currently have installed, the problem is even when i do the fader on the back speakers and turn it full up i hear a high tones and very soft music . looks like i didn't hook something up then correctly.. (although i did use the right ports on the cascade ) ... * puzzled *

Edited by sliderr

Connection for the rear speaker kit is very straight forward. Green/Black (rear right positive) wire goes into position number 1 on the brown plug and it's negative into position 2. Red/Black (rear left positive) wires goes into position 7 and it's negative goes into position 8. Also, when you fade to the back you won't get the full compliment of sounds, basically voices from the rear speakers, bass from the door speakers and most music from the front speakers.