Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2004 cayenne turbo navigation bluetooth

Ok, so im a newbie with the cayenne. THis is my porsche entry level learning curve. I recently bought a 2004 cayenne turbo with navigation. There a few things I wish my cayenne had that it does not. First and foremost bluetooth. I am on verion 3.0 on a cd based navi unit. I do not have the phone answer and hang up buttons on the navi units left side. I care more about the bluetooth phone function which the dension does not support bluetooth since i guess there is no phone system. I would like to know if the DVD based systems with the phone buttons will just be a plug and play conversion or is there software and dealer support needed? If anyone has any advice, i would love to know what i can do. Also what is necessary to add a homelink system to this car. I would assume just simply the ovehead unit since it should be standalone that only requires power and ground. THirdly, my vehicle does not have a auto headlight setting. Is there a retrofit, or if i were to leave the headlights switched on all the time, will it kill the cars battery or is it smart enough to kill power to the system on its own after a certain time. Unfortunately my last vehicles have been bmws and this is my first venture into porsches.

Ok, so im a newbie with the cayenne. THis is my porsche entry level learning curve. I recently bought a 2004 cayenne turbo with navigation. There a few things I wish my cayenne had that it does not. First and foremost bluetooth. I am on verion 3.0 on a cd based navi unit. I do not have the phone answer and hang up buttons on the navi units left side. I care more about the bluetooth phone function which the dension does not support bluetooth since i guess there is no phone system. I would like to know if the DVD based systems with the phone buttons will just be a plug and play conversion or is there software and dealer support needed? If anyone has any advice, i would love to know what i can do. Also what is necessary to add a homelink system to this car. I would assume just simply the ovehead unit since it should be standalone that only requires power and ground. THirdly, my vehicle does not have a auto headlight setting. Is there a retrofit, or if i were to leave the headlights switched on all the time, will it kill the cars battery or is it smart enough to kill power to the system on its own after a certain time. Unfortunately my last vehicles have been bmws and this is my first venture into porsches.

I have the same year and model. Check out http://www.incartronics.com/Porsche.html which has a unit which will accomplish what you want. The only other option I am aware of is the Gateway 500 system. Both are more or less the same price. I am having the itronics unit put in next week and will tell you how it goes.

Good luck