Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Automatic Headlights not working?

Tried searching and have come up with nothing...

We have a new to us 04' CS with the automatic headlight/BiXenon option. I am noticing the headlights come on during the day as well. Is this normal? After reviewing the manual it does not seem to be. Seems that they should be off when not in low-light conditions.

Anybody have any input or notice similar?

Thanks in advance.

I am sure the car has auto headlights as the switch is there and it is a bi-xenon system. At least I think that should confirm it has it. I am going to run all of the options codes against the list on the board here to confirm all of the cars options.

I did purchase a Durametric and there are no codes. I got the car with a cruise control fault and a fault for the camshaft position sensor. Both codes were caught at a pre purchase inspection. I erased the both codes with the Durametric and they have yet to come back after 1500 miles. No codes at all are in there at the moment.

I was curious if this could be a sensor as well. Is the sensor shared between rain & lights? Could I confirm if it works for the wipers by spraying water at it? I presume this is the sensor behind the rearview mirror that I think I see through the glass?

Thanks for the reply!

Tried searching and have come up with nothing...

We have a new to us 04' CS with the automatic headlight/BiXenon option. I am noticing the headlights come on during the day as well. Is this normal? After reviewing the manual it does not seem to be. Seems that they should be off when not in low-light conditions.

Anybody have any input or notice similar?

Thanks in advance.

they come up depending on speed, rain, amount of light and are controlled by CAN network for speed, rain sensor (in fornt of rear view mirror on windshield), light sensor middle dashboard next to windshield.

My Auto lights are always on too. I also have Durametric and it reports no codes or issues. I think that my lights must be set to always on or DRL mode by PWIS. I am going to go to the dealer eventually and have it hooked to pwis. I'm just not looking forward to the price they charge to check that kind of stuff.

My Auto lights are always on too. I also have Durametric and it reports no codes or issues. I think that my lights must be set to always on or DRL mode by PWIS. I am going to go to the dealer eventually and have it hooked to pwis. I'm just not looking forward to the price they charge to check that kind of stuff.

My train of thought is along the same lines after searching the issue. I can't seem to find anyone with the same problem. Though I have found posts where people speak of programming them for DRL and such.

I already have an appt. next week with the dealer to cut and program a new key. I will be asking them to look at the lighting settings when the PIWIS is hooked up for the key work. A bit off topic here but if anyone knows where I could find a list of 'programmable features' that are managed with the PIWIS I would love to see it. Then I can have the dealer make changes accordingly all at once.

I am still looking into my lights and will report back after the dealer visit.

Dealer diagnosed a bad rain/light sensor. I missed the scan the first time but did rescan with Durametric and found it this time. Along with a couple if others to add to the mix. Some were not there after a second scan though. The second scan, the car was running when I scanned. I am still figuring this whole Durametric thing out though.

My ones of concern were two a/c servos & a temp valve all ac related, camshaft position sensor, and of course rain senor. I will research the others and see what needs to be done. I want to keep the integrity of the car in check but not sure about the rain sensor getting replaced. Best price I found is $277. Suddenly, hitting a switch manually seems ok to me! :lol:

Thanks for all the replies!

Edited by MXZDrew