Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I sure appreaciate this forum and the advice of Loren and other experienced members.

Does 911 Turbo designate a specific model? Sorry, I'm a bit uncertain.

Price$98,990 Get ePriceClick Here .Bodystyle2 door ConvertibleEngine3.6L H-6 cylExt. ColorGrayMileage7,468Stock NumberP10290AAVinWP0CD29948S788280.

What can you do to evaluate & Negotiate price.

Go to Autotrader or Edmonds?

Thanks for all advice.

I sure appreaciate this forum and the advice of Loren and other experienced members.

Price$98,990 Get ePriceClick Here .Bodystyle2 door ConvertibleEngine3.6L H-6 cylExt. ColorGrayMileage7,468Stock NumberP10290AAVinWP0CD29948S788280.

Thanks for all advice.

I hoped I'd get suggestions about the 08 911 turbo CAB but as I read my own post, it was not very good. I was looking for suggestions on how I can evaluate the car and decide on an equitable deal. I am an older beginner in the Porsche.

I am not familiar with this car and hoped others would comment about their experience, what they would look for.

I have driven a 2010 Cerrara 4S and liked it (not a vert). Not a turbo but very nice. Price about equal to this 08 turbo CAB.

Should I play it safe and purchase the newer car with warrante in trade off for performance and the CAB? I don't really need a CAB but see it as a bonus.

Is this garage queen a car to consider or should I look for a CPO? This car is at a Porsche dealer. I don't know if others have negotiated service or warranty rather than price.

Ideas from others appreciated.

Edited by Dntlvet

Thanks for all advice.

I hoped I'd get suggestions about the 08 911 turbo CAB but as I read my own post, it was not very good. I was looking for suggestions on how I can evaluate the car and decide on an equitable deal. I am an older beginner in the Porsche.

I am not familiar with this car and hoped others would comment about their experience, what they would look for.

I have driven a 2010 Cerrara 4S and liked it (not a vert). Not a turbo but very nice. Price about equal to this 08 turbo CAB.

Should I play it safe and purchase the newer car with warrante in trade off for performance and the CAB? I don't really need a CAB but see it as a bonus.

Is this garage queen a car to consider or should I look for a CPO? This car is at a Porsche dealer. I don't know if others have negotiated service or warranty rather than price.

Turbo's are kind of funny when it comes to price. You will see a similar year and mileage and a crazy variation in price.. I think that $98k for the car you mentioned is too much. How many miles are on it? It is cab though which demands a higher price. I bought a 2007 TT coupe with 38k miles with all options (including ceramic brakes) for $76,000 last year. I absolutely love my car...:clapping:

I would definetly try to get a CPO car. I have a CPO on mine and although nothing major has happened it has paid for many little things and my dealer really takes care of me..

I would shop around and look everywhere to get an idea of what an average price is for the car you want. Be patient.. There are a lot of Turbos out there and take a look at the 07's as well.

Good luck

Thanks for all advice.

Turbo's are kind of funny when it comes to price. You will see a similar year and mileage and a crazy variation in price.. I think that $98k for the car you mentioned is too much. How many miles are on it? It is cab though which demands a higher price. I bought a 2007 TT coupe with 38k miles with all options (including ceramic brakes) for $76,000 last year. I absolutely love my car...:clapping:

I would definetly try to get a CPO car. I have a CPO on mine and although nothing major has happened it has paid for many little things and my dealer really takes care of me..

I would shop around and look everywhere to get an idea of what an average price is for the car you want. Be patient.. There are a lot of Turbos out there and take a look at the 07's as well.

Good luck

This car has ~8,000 miles, with red brakes not the yellow ceramic brakes.

Great to hear you love your car. Yes, I will wait for the right one.