Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PDK hesitation from standstill to 3mph

Porsche man through and through, but disappointed in PDK box. On a Boxster S I picked up, find the car hesitates from standstill or from extremely slow speeds ie less that 3 mph,could not at first think Porsche would ever design a box that had issues, once over 3 mph perfect ! So spent last few weeks searching forums and the web and calling different dealers, conclusion as follows;-

1) some cars seems better than others

2) some dealers say there are no issues others say there are clients moaning that it's not very smooth at extremely slow speeds or from pulling away

3) rumbles on the major forums, but TBH more compliments than moans

4) seems that the dealers who really care and take the trouble maybe able to improve the issues

Conclusion, well I am trying to work with my dealer to get improvement.

Question : what is the real sense out there? Does the box have some native issues in traffic with extreamely slow sped hesitation in 1st and reverse. Of 3 Boxsters and one new GTS iam fndng a massive variation, but for sure all cars had some hesitation or some Judder at <3mph.

Really be nterested in feedback please, I have discovered a lot more on the issue technically but until my research is complete I won't post quite yet.

Update, dealer been very helpful, feel it's acceptable but asked Porsche Germany to look at the reports and they came back with asking the dealer to reteach the brain to learn slow speed changes, dealer felt it was better, I feel if it is it's slight. They have 80 miles of testing and to be honest I am unsure . So will leave it for now . Too many nice sunny days to miss.

Edited by gtman

• 2 years later...

Have you still got your Boxster S PDK? And if so, has the judder changed?

I've just picked up a 4 year old 911 997.2 Targa 4S with PDK and have a similar 1st gear judder at very slow speed. It may well be normal, but it does concern me. I only tested one other, but I don't recall it juddering. I've read on another forum that the cure is an "Italian Tuneup", ie, thrash it for a few miles and do some standing starts to smooth off the clutch! I'm tempted but even more concerned that it will make it even worse!