Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

It's here - both of them

• Moderators

(1) Just came off the truck at Stevens Creek Porsche. The same 2 that all the dealers should get.

(2) I do not remember the shipping battery cut-out other than on a Cayenne.

(3) No dip-stick.

(4) Rear trunk only has one shock - saves weight and makes you go faster - or saves Porsche money.

(5) Going to have to read up on the new Boxster stuff to see if this is a spoiler switch. I forgot to look at the fuse box to see if the switch has been moved.

post-4-1105570302_thumb.jpg

post-4-1105570474_thumb.jpg

post-4-1105570821_thumb.jpg

post-4-1105571025_thumb.jpg

post-4-1105571242_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

(1) False opening on the S 6 speed for what use to be the third radiator.

(2) Gap just like in the pictures. This is the S with 19" wheels.

(3) Clamp for the bolt-on exhaust tip. Similiar to the 2003/4 you can bolt on the single or dual exhaust tip for a cosmetic difference.

(4) Base tip.

(5) Base has cross drilled rotors. No more hole envy for the base owners.

post-4-1105600826_thumb.jpg

post-4-1105600925_thumb.jpg

post-4-1105601061_thumb.jpg

post-4-1105601138_thumb.jpg

post-4-1105601250_thumb.jpg

Great pics...thanks for posting!!

Does it look any different than what you had seen in the pictures or what you were expecting? Did anything stand out?

Oh, the 3rd opening for the S in only used in conjuction with the tiptronic transmission. When you order the S with the tip, then you get an additional oil cooler.

Stacey

Edited by ELUSIVE

• Moderators
Did anything stand out?

Yeah, it is the first time I have looked under Boxsters and it was to see what was new, and not to see if it was leaking oil. :D

The 987 parts list shows a middle coolant radiator with a 997 part number. It also shows the black cover as a separate part with a shroud. So I expect it is possible to add the middle radiator.

The oval shapes of the interior, the retro look, are gone. But for some reason it still has the 986 interior mirror. Looks like a Cayenne to me.

The ugly wheels in the pictures are a little bit better in person.

I would rather have the spare in the front trunk. The front trunk is the same as a 997.

I am sort of use to the cup holders since I have seen enough 997s - but I would like to meet the person who dreamed that design up.

Would like to see how you can latch the top closed while you are driving.

The 6 speed does a bit of a shorter throw - but not as much as a B&M.

The side vents are huge and look so because the are not in body color. But Porsche really protected the intake side.

Closing the rear trunk feels like the AeroKit I trunk lid. It is made of aluminum so now only has one support shock.

post-4-1105682903_thumb.jpg

post-4-1105682992_thumb.jpg

post-4-1105683076_thumb.jpg

post-4-1105683164_thumb.jpg

Thanks again man.

I think that I would prefer the spare in the front as well. I wonder how many complaints Porsche will get from stranded boxster owners?

The wheels are either love em or hate em. I personally think that they are awesome and ordered them on my boxster.

I'll probably go the B&M route as well for even shorter shifts.

The side vents look like that are blocked? Is that really the case?

Thanks again for the pics.

Stacey

• 4 years later...