Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Considering a 2010 Cayenne S!

Been a long time p-car nut (currently own a 996 TT) and its time to trade in the Grand Cherokee SUV. Hence, I want to look at expanding p-car family.

Found a nice, low mileage CPO 2010 Cayenne S and had a few newbie questions:

1) anything I should be on the look out for? It does come with a extended P-car warranty as I'm buying from a dealer...but I will ask anyway!

2) there looks to be a ipod/aux/usb option inside the center console- will this allow me to hook up my iphone too? what type of cable do I need?

3) it's got the stock exhaust package- which I just dont like. I really like the quad tip look, do I have to get a new valance if I want the quad exahaust tips? I will likely need to to with a TechArt or Fabspeed exhaust system right?? any other suggestions?

4) totally lame question: I would like to add the red "S", is this simply a peel off the current "S" and peel and stick job the new "S"? Should I be able to get a red "S" from Sunset?

I'll stop there. Thanks in advance to any and all insights you care to share!! Cheers and enjoy the ride!!

Be sure to read and search this forum.

1. The big items are coolant pipes and drive shafts. You'll consume a lot of gas and tires but you know that if you're interested in Cayenne's. Replace your battery regularly. Use a CTEK if you store the vehicle.

2. Mobridge, et al. Lots of iPod and Bluetooth solutions detailed in the forums. But to answer your Q, yes an iPhone can generally work just as an iPod does -- depending on device generation, firmware, etc. iPod and iPhone cables are interchangeable. (Or simply stream music via Bluetooth...)

3. Exhaust upgrades can be problematic (like anything) -- aesthetics are subjective. I happen to like the stock set-up.

4. The red "S" is being discussed in another chat -- you'll see the order info. It's a $50 part and yes, it's peel and stick.

Enjoy your Cayenne.

Been a long time p-car nut (currently own a 996 TT) and its time to trade in the Grand Cherokee SUV. Hence, I want to look at expanding p-car family.

Found a nice, low mileage CPO 2010 Cayenne S and had a few newbie questions:

1) anything I should be on the look out for? It does come with a extended P-car warranty as I'm buying from a dealer...but I will ask anyway!

2) there looks to be a ipod/aux/usb option inside the center console- will this allow me to hook up my iphone too? what type of cable do I need?

3) it's got the stock exhaust package- which I just dont like. I really like the quad tip look, do I have to get a new valance if I want the quad exahaust tips? I will likely need to to with a TechArt or Fabspeed exhaust system right?? any other suggestions?

4) totally lame question: I would like to add the red "S", is this simply a peel off the current "S" and peel and stick job the new "S"? Should I be able to get a red "S" from Sunset?

I'll stop there. Thanks in advance to any and all insights you care to share!! Cheers and enjoy the ride!!

Edited by odix

• 6 months later...

Ok, I finally found some time to select an iphone/ipod adapter in my 08 CTT. (I never did buy the 10 CS) I've landed on the mObridge A2010 unit.

Here's my question, what PCM head unit do I officially have and how can I confirm? When looking at the mObridge website, the image of the PCM 2.1 unit looks nothing like mine (see below link). Mine is all black with a few different buttons.

can anyone tell me how I can find out for sure what mine is? thanks in advance!!

http://www.mobridge.us/compatibility/vehicles/19/13152/13345/13145