Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I'm currently negotiating and is in the midst of finalizing purchasing a 08 Cayenne from a local dealer (non Porsche dealer). One of the conditions I have is getting a full tune up on the car .... plug replacement, oil change, fuel filter. Should I request having the transmission fluid change and the Diff fluid, and coolant change as well? The mechanic at this dealership who will be doing the work is very knowledgeable with Porsche and is our regular mechanic for our 911.

Also, they are offering a 3rd party warranty program from Lubrico which I'm considering. The cost is about $2K for their Superior protection including their Power Equipment Plus for 4 years/80,000 kms. The Power equipment plus program covers the electrical and electronic components.

Here is the link to their warranty program ... http://www.lubrico.com/coverage.html

As I am unsure the reliability of the car, is it worth the extra $2K?

The dealer is about to draft a bill of sale and I would like to ensure I include inspections of problematic areas the 08 Cayenne may have. I appreciate any inputs/feedback you can offer.

Thanks

Of course ask your mechanic although he might be biased as he is a Lubrico dealer. The more data you have to make your decision the better. Here's the way I look at it and this is just a personal thing, I would rather save the money the warranty would cost and put it toward repairs.... if any.

Hi

I have a similar Cayenne and I purchased in may with a warranty, so far I have had a number of items replaced / repaired including the AC fan regulator which failed last week. (not very useful as I live in Abu Dhabi and it was a shade over 40 agrees outside)

I would recommend perhaps looking at the option of getting the car back into the Porsche warranty scheme if its possible.

If not do some research on the internet into that particular warranty company and if your not convinced then take your money to someone else.

Cheers

I did some research on Lubrico warranty program and there has been quite a few complaints posted on the web ... mainly not wanting paying out for the repairs. I spoke with my mechanic about it and the key criteria is having the oil changed every 6 mths or 10,000 km (whichever comes first). A copy of receipt has to be provided to Lubrico within 15 days online, fax or mail. There is a $150 deductible per visit/incident ... unless I purchase the $0 deductible option. The program does not cover all fluids and diagnostic work and the limit is $5K per claim liability. He faxed me a copy of the terms/conditions which I've included.

This is the only extended warranty plan he offers which honestly ... I'm quite uncomfortable with ... He is offering me at dealer cost. If I'm to purchase it, i will be including the Power Equipment Plus option which includes all electrical and electronics on the vehicle.

I feel there is a need to get an extended warranty as my 911 cost me quite a bit over the 3 years since I purchased it. The latest problem I have is my voltage regulator and electric passenger seat switch ... which does not allow me to move the seat forward. The program would have covered practically all of it if I purchased it then.

I guess the way to look at it is it cost $500/yr insurance for this additional sense of comfort.

2620_001-1.pdf