Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Had my left, front tire on my 08 CTT blow out this afternoon. Nothing like popping a flat with 21"! The truck really handled itself beautifully. Luckily I had the inflatable spare. Roadside service came, pumped it up and slapped it on and I was good to go. I went straight to the tire store. As it turns out the front two tires need replacing (19k miles) I'm driving on Michelin Latitude 295/35R21. Here's the real question: they said that I will need to replace the two front ones due to the fact that this cayenne is AWD. They almost went as far to tell me that I need to replace all 4 tires. However, the rears have 7/32s left. Am I going to be okay just replacing the front two tires? Last question, can the tires be rotated on this truck? I just want to know how to best manage my tires. (they're pricey!!!)

Please see below extract from the owners manual.

"Tires should be replaced no less than on one axle

at the time. Only tires of the same make and type

must be used. Mixed tires are not permissible and

will affect vehicle performance, safety, and can

affect vehicle warranty.

Tires must always remain on the same side of

the vehicle.

When wheels are removed, the direction of rotation

and position of each wheel should be marked.

If new tires are installed only on one axle, a noticeable

change in handling occurs due to the different

tread depth of the other tires. This happens especially

if only rear tires are replaced. However, this

condition disappears as the new tires are broken in."

so no problem swapping front to rear as long as you kep the tyres on the same side of the vehicle.

The only thing you have to be careful of when using a tyre shop for tyre replacement, make sure they know how to switch off the air suspension.

Appreciate the reference for the tires! As far as switching off the suspension, I'm going to take a look at the owners manual and do it myself when I pull up tomorrow. (unless it's so easy you can tell me) Thanks for the heads up!! is there anything I need to be aware of regarding the TPMS once the new tire is installed?

You need to reset the TPMS and tell it what size/type of tire you are installing and then start the relearn procedure. I personally would replace all four tires. The owners manual will explain how to reset everything and disable the air suspension.