Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

My dealer is having a service clinic on Saturday. They are going to be offering test drives in the 991 that day as well. They have a couple on the lot (991's) and I saw another one near my house last night. So apparently customers are taking delivery of them..

The 991 looks beautiful in motion. It the first time I have seen one live and moving. I like it a lot. It's gorgeous. The one I saw was an "S" and in graphite...

Can't wait to drive it!!! :drive:

Check with your dealer near where you live and see if they are offering something similar.

I know all the people at my dealer were trained on the car a couple weeks ago..

The dealer failed miserably.. :censored: When we arrived we asked about driving the 991 and they said "Oh sorry.. We sold them all." What ## holes. They advertise testing the 991 as a perk to get you to bring your car in for inspection.. Knowing full well they wont have any cars available.. They had a beautiful white "S" with PDK in the show room. I like the new interior very much EXCEPT for the new center console. I'm not a big guy (5, 8") and my knee hits it. It feels like it's in the way. A taller driver would find it even more irritating I would imagine..

My tech there said to me and my friend......

"Don't even drive the new 991.. You'll hate your present car because the 991 is so much better." What a bunch of crap that is.. I have a 997 Turbo and my friend has a beautiful 997 C4S. We'll be just fine in our present toys for a while yet....

You think 993 owners hate their present cars? I don't think so...Porsches are sweet no matter what era....

Edited by phillipj
  • Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

I would not trade my 997 TT for a 991. I have seen them, yes they are nice but not for me. I am driving my last Porsche and its a TT. Does not get any better than that for me. I had a 993 S, then back to a 964 RSA and now my 997. I am done.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I would not trade my 997 TT for a 991. I have seen them, yes they are nice but not for me. I am driving my last Porsche and its a TT. Does not get any better than that for me. I had a 993 S, then back to a 964 RSA and now my 997. I am done.

Neither would I...

• Upvote 1

996 owners don't hate their cars either! I love my C4S!

That being said, I'm pretty excited to test drive a 991. I think my next 911 purchase will be a 991.

Porsches rock.. I saw a 996 C4S at my mechanics the other day.. It was freakin gorgeous.. Lat week I ran into a guy who had a 1996 Turbo. He told me he bought it new in 1996. That car was amazing and it was 16 years old!

So yeah Dennis.. Your 996 rocks... :thumbup:

I test drove a 991S with the PDK a couple months ago. It's a beautiful car, but I was happy to climb back in my 997.1 2S - it's much more raw and engaging. The new cars (especially PDKs) make it easy for anyone to drive quickly, and that doesn't interest me. Porsche are getting away from the classic 911 feeling that I grew up with - I guess this is the price of evolution. I need to feel engaged, using both hands and both feet, and my brain...BTW, I'm 6'2" and 260lbs and fit well in all 911s - people in general sit way too far back and high up.

test drove a 991S with the PDK a couple months ago. It's a beautiful car, but I was happy to climb back in my 997.1 2S - it's much more raw and engaging. The new cars (especially PDKs) make it easy for anyone to drive quickly, and that doesn't interest me.

Agreed.... The new 991 Turbo is going to have 3 turbos and 4 wheel steering. Again an evolution.. But as you say...Will make it easier for anyone to drive quickly. I'm with you.. I have driven the 991 and do not want to trade in my 997..

When I first drove the 997 I had a 996. And at that time I did want a 997... right away.. I don't have that feeling with the 991. Plus my knee keeps hitting that new center console and drives me crazy..(and I'm only 5-8".)

I guy wanted to race me in my TT in his new 991, We had a freeway on ramp sprint.. He lost... By a lot.... :king: