Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Just wanted to post a few observations after doing my own 80k maintenance.

I posted on another thread the small gray o-rings that sat down in the spark plug access holes. I didn't replace them, but did make sure all the little pieces were out of there (once I knew they existed). I managed to save two. They are some kind of additional seal but most broke when I pulled the coils out. Seeing that the coils seal quite well at the top, I didn't worry about it. I did replace the coil sticks as well, but this may not have been needed.

The top engine mount or torque arm had a bad bushing on the chassis side. I found that when moving it out of the way of the valve cover to get to the spark plug. I had to order it after the fact, but I will mention that replacement of that part considerably helped with engine vibration at idle. Significantly more than replacing the plugs and coils did. The vibration was one of the reasons I replaced the coils this time around, but it was really this mount.

My front diff whine went away with an oil change. I went with a synthetic Motul since I've used their products with great success racing motorcycles. I know it was the diff since I managed to change the oil in the transfer case (Royal Purple here) a week earlier. Interesting to note is that the front diff oil was black and worn. The rear diff oil actually looked pretty good. It wasn't black and didn't feel like water. I think this is earlier than recommended by Porsche to do it now, but I think it helped.

Check your belt like it states to. I took a flashlight and looked from both the top and bottom while changing the oil and it is very cracked. I don't know if this is the original belt but I've had the thing for roughly 40k miles and I never changed it. So with a new one coming in, I'll do what I usually do with the old one - put it somewhere in the vehicle as a spare.

Other than this, things went as expected. No issues changing the HVAC filter and I swapped my EVOMS intakes out to the stock air boxes for the time being. My stock air filters are almost new. And the Durametric reset the service light.