Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Please help! Fitted gen2 steering wheel and airbag now horn doesnt

ukgt2

Hello,

I recently fitted a gt2rs steering wheel and airbag to my my09 gt2 (pcm3 model) as im converting it all to Rs spec.

However even though all the wires were plugged in the horn doesnt seem to work.

I noticed on my old stleering wheel, the thicker 3 spoke leather type it had preassure pads wired into the old loom to activate the horn when pressed which this one did not, on this one it only has two plugs that plug into the airbag and an earthing plug that clips to the airbag but thats it - there didnt appear to be any other plugs that were missing or not plugged in.

Has anyone done the gen2 steering wheel swap before or does anyone have the gen1 and gen2 wireing diagrams so i can see if any wires need to be swapped like when doing the led rear light swap?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi, i've replaced my 2009 tt's steering wheel with paddle shift pdk turbo s steering wheel (from triangle airbag to round airbag as well), steering wheel ecu needs to be replaced with 997.2 steering ecu in order to make the horn work.. And wiring needs to be very well crafted, otherwise horn may stuck or not function

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the replys.

Just to update this thread, we did get the car sorted in the end.

My porsche Tech recoded on pwis for the car to think it had a multi function steering wheel, after this it worked perfectly.

I didn't need to change any control modules or ecu's however the car was one of the later versions fitted with the pcm3 touch screen unit and later light modules as these did not need to be changed when I upgraded the lights and rear bumper to gt2rs.

Hope this sheds some light on the situation for anyoe wishing to carry out this mod.