Jump to content

The RennTech.org community is Member supported!  Please consider an ANNUAL donation to help keep this site operating.
Click here to Donate

Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

  • View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

  • No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Recommended Posts

Did this earlier today. I also bought the power bleeder (the one with the gauge on the tank) and that was a big help since I was doing this on my own.Rear lines are easy. The fronts aren't quite so friendly. I recommend going at those with patience or a wad of $1 bills for a cuss jar. There are two brackets that are bolted to the rear side of the control arm (the vertical piece going to the upper ball joint) that must be removed. One holds one end of the line and is easy enough to remove along with the pad wear sensor plug so you can move it around a little. The upper one required vise grips to remove since there is very little room to get the right torx head on it (I only have sockets and no room even with a 1/4" drive). I replaced the upper bolt with a regular bolt so a 10mm wrench would fit it. You must fasten the end of the hose at this point first before doing the upper connection along the body. On the first side I also completely removed the inner fender (mud guard) in the wheel well to get good clearance to the fittings. On the other side I only partially unbolted it to get there. It's much easier the second time on the front.But the lines fit quite well. Not sure if the pedal feel improved a whole lot because my brake fluid is probably 4 years old or something. It's nice that the ATE fluid is blue. If you are careful, 1 liter of brake fluid is probably enough but I wanted a good flush in mine since it's been a while.No messages, special "resets", or sensor calibrations are necessary, once you're done you just drive. Sorry for the lack of pics but I was kinda crunched for time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.