Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Does anyone have the PCNA rep info for San Diego?

If you don't want to read the stuff below,

Does anyone have the PCNA rep's contact information for whom would be the rep for the San Diego Ca area? Thanks I am just sick of dealing with all this crap!!!!!!

IN any event,my new clutch was installed in july of last year at pioneer. Ever since the installation it has never been right. I have repetedly taken it in there and each time they did recognize a problem and the first time chalked it up to the clutch pushrod being installed backwards. About a week later it feels bad again and they adjusted something and bled it. It felt better for about a few days, then started getting really bad. I took it in again and rebled same deal but they commented that they thought the pressure plate was defective. I also inquired if they surfaced the flywheel a common practice when replacing the clutch, if not by machine by hand to mate it properly and remove heat spots etc. They said they hadn't nor had they replaced the flywheel.

I also made the mistake of having the RMS done when it wasn't leaking at the same time the clutch was done. Result it leaked and took it back where it was replaced. Not long after it leaked again.

I was so fed up with the negligent technitions that upon the advice of a few board members I went to Hoehn, which is considerable farther than Pioneer to where I live and in the oposite way of my normal commute making it farther yet still. Upon going there I complained about the clutch and the RMS the diagnosed the clutch as having a bad hydrolic solenoid I believe it is called? They replaced that at around 250 bucks or so. Then they also said that with the RMS that if it was an installation negligence issue and not a RMS failure that I would have to foot the bill. Luckily it was the RMS that was defective and all was replaced RMS wise for free. I have still had the clutch problems. I have taken it in complaining of the clutch 2-3 times and same result. It feels fine and within spec. This is when the clutch was only a few months old and I also was out of town the entire month of Dec.

Before I took the clutch in, I specifically asked for the PCNA rep's schedule because I knew the problem was likely not going to be resolved. He swore that it woudln't be necessary and talked me out of the need. Thinking that I would get my clutch warranted I made the appointment.

Also upon my detail of the clutch as engaging high and being way stiff compared to when I initially recieved the clutch, I was always told that it was "within spec" or "normal". It obviously wansn't and I had Ben in LJ drive it because I thought I was going crazy. He confirmed it was bad.

This last visit was for complaining about the clutch and I had been hearing whine from the front, which I thought were wheel bearings. Upon takning the car in and my service advisor saying it was normal upon his suggestion I went with him on a drive.

Immediately when he let out the clutch it was engaging poorly which I could tell even in the passenger seat.

The shifts were far worse clunking as the release point is always crappy, which I chalk up to the defective PP. Upon noting the poor release, he replies, "oh, it is the shifter"! WTF I call him out. There is no way it is the shifter I reply and it's all the clutch. He then tries harder to be smoother but still poor shifting and engagement. I noted how the pp seems to change it's release point up hills and it difficult to release while doing so. He managed to go up the hill just fine but slipping the clutch just over 2k!!! I was like dude!

We are going back and forth about the clutch and finally he says that we'll just have to agree to disagree. Meanwhile he is carrying a bit of speed through a corner obviously "feeling my suspension". I was somewhat insulted that he was taking the corner like that. He wasn't going that fast, but there was clearly no need to do so in the first place. Then we switch to the bearing noise which he acknowledged at least. Before getting out of the car he tells me that a pcna guy just happens to be coming in today and that he will have him drive it. I am extremely happy because now I can get hopefully some better news.

I get a call today to call him back. He says that the wheel bearings are in fact bad and the cost will be 850 bucks!!! That seems extremely excessive to me so I say that I cannot afford to pay that and must pass, plus the fact that I am a student. Then he tells that the pcna guy drove it and that he noted that it was within spec and normal. I find this interesting given the "convenience" of the timing etc. So I ask what the guys name is then. He starts going, uh, uh, We dont' give out his name. I say that if he found it was ok then I would like to discuss it with him and make note of who he is. He says that he will have to get his service managers permission to release the name. What a bunch of BS are my thoughts. I believe that in fact no pcna guy drove it, and because I am a younger guy he thought he could lie to me and appease me doing so. I am still a law student however and am allergic to manual labor- shoveling the bs.

Does anyone have the PCNA rep's contact information for whom would be the rep for the San Diego Ca area? Thanks I am just sick of dealing with all this crap!!!!!!