Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Advice on fixing interior trim, bells and whistles

I have a 2004 Cayenne S. Grey interior.

A few things don't function correctly and I'd like to fix them up if it's not too hard and I can find the parts. I'd appreciate advice on how hard it is to fix these and where to go to find parts.

Center console trim. This is the trim panel that basically covers the center console--goes around the shift trim piece, cup holders etc. Mine is pretty scratched up. Hard to replace? I have found lots of 'trim kits' but I like the original grey/metal look in the car and only need this piece. Any advice where to find?

Latch for center console 'box'. I found the latch at Suncoast. Is this difficult to replace?

Sunglass holder. The holder is there and is fine--it's the latch. I seem to be missing half the latch. I put some coins in there to keep it closed now--which keeps it shut, but I'd like to put the proper latch in to actually use it again. Can't seem to find this latch. Easy to replace?

Front cigarette lighter does not function. No power coming from it. Not really sure what is wrong on this one.

AC buttons. All of this works fine--but the button are scraped up. Can you buy just the buttons somewhere? Hard to replace them?

Metal 'Cayenne S' trim 'entry strips/lights'. These are the metal strips that you go over coming into the car. They work fine--but one front and one rear just don't stay attached anymore. I've tried all kinds of glues. I live in Florida and it seems the extreme heat is just not helping. Got an idea for some great adhesive to use?

Thanks for you help.

Hi Marilyn

Not sure where you're at in Florida, but LKQ's import yard in Orlando (LKQ Potomac German Auto South) is supposed to have plenty of Cayenne parts both on the shelf and in the yard. A manager there is a friend of mine and told me there was no problem with parts availability for 04's when he learned I purchased a Cayenne. (407) 423-1695. Just be aware LKQ primarily supplies insurance company shops for crash repairs and parts may be pricy, but definitely less than a dealer.

My sunglass holder latch tried to disassemble itself the other day, the plastic button for some reason popped out of the socket and I was lucky enough to catch it as it fell. It's correctly latched closed but I'm sure the button is loose and I'm scared to try it again. It's on the list to look at as well.

If you need good strong adhesive that sets up like a rock and won't de-bond with heat, maybe a thin layer of JB Weld? Just be aware once it's on and dry, it's not coming back off unless you grind it off.