Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Not able to find Off Delay option in Settings

I have a 2004 Cayenne Turbo and I was reading through the user manual and saw that Setting menu should have an option to set delay for keeping headlights on after turning off the ignition. I didn't see any options for lights.

Was this option available only partially in 2004? Thanks for any insights.

I am referring to the option to keep the headlights on when the vehicle is locked but not sure if this was a standard option on Turbo or was it added later on in 2004 or did it come with a package. The manual does not indicate this and shows "Lights" as one of the option in the Settings menu (below Comfort and above Units).

The text from manual:

MAIN MENU > SETTINGS > LIGHTS

You can set the duration the headlights remain on after the vehicle is locked.

Select OFF DELAY with the rocket switch....

I don't see the option. Do you mind posting the date that your vehicle was made (it should be on the door sill)? Also, do you have any special options that may relate to "comfort" or "lighting"?

I am trying to figure out why I don't have the option and if it was due to late addition in 2004 year or came with a special package instead of being standard?

thanks for your help.

Do you even see lights? mfg. date is 2/03. the car was initially purchased in 10/03. My options are pretty limited as i do not have the speed limiter or the TPMS (which is awesome as far as i am concerned).

My Touareg has these options (TPMS, Speed warning) and i finally figured a way to disable the whole thing with a VAG-COM. I also was able to turn off the day time running lights for the Bi Xenon lights and make it a option in the menu for the TREG.

My CTT has no such option as the switch is different with the auto sensor. The TREG does not have that option on the switch. It is very interesting that yours does not have the lights option. The manual has a lot of information on these settings many of which are not options for me.

Hope you figure it all out...

Edited by scubatahiti

Do you have the Bi-Xenon HID lights? I am guessing you do. You may only have 2 options.

1. Call the dealership and see if this is something that is even a option to have reprogrammed as it sounds like it is a programming issue.

2. Get the cheap Durametric tool on eBay with the software ($40) but i am not sure if the China Version will work.The Touareg site had tons of intel on how to reprogram the car with a VAG-COM and the software. The VAG COM was only $9 go figure....

[Edit: removed link to pirate software and cable.

Please re-read the board Guidelines/Rules that you agreed to when registering here.

"Copyrighted material:
By registering here you agree not to post (or link to) any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board. Repeat offenders will be banned from this site and their accounts as well as the offending material will be deleted.]

Check out this thread. I believe the solution for you is to program the car to have the option

You may need the pro version which the Dealer will have but I doubt it. I'll poke around in it tonight and see if there are options to reprogram the lights menu into the system.

Hope this helps

Edited by Loren
removed link to pirate software and cable.

Here are some clues on the link i posted on the rennlist site. Question is do you have the 'auto' option on your head lamp knob? Two posts from rennlist

I assume you mean the coming home lights option, which means if you have the auto headlights, and you shut off the car, you will have x seconds until it shuts off.

Assuming it is not hardware that is needed, and is just a software setting, you can enable it. Yes, usually the coding is dependant on the position within the code, but in the case of the central electric module, it is the sum of all the decimal numbers. However I dont have all those sum numbers, only the ones from touareg, if I add them all up to what I have, it is off 1 number.

ok so now im in to fix the follow me home function and try it out, where do i find my car code, is it the same as yours:

"Electrical System:
Coding 69630"
and how do i do if so when it says:

?xxxx: Coming-home function

+1 = Present
+0 = Not present
does this mean 79630?

when i open my durametric/electric system/code it is writen like 212021 in the dialog window.. why is that?

many questions sorry /Tommy

I believe the key here is the position of the digit to change. Hope this helps....

Edited by scubatahiti

I read through the link that you had posted and as you have posted above, it is worth looking at the software update. I don't have an auto option on the headlight knob and didn't think that it was an option.

Do you have this option on the knob?

I am going to call couple of independent shops around here to see if they have PIWIS. In the mean time, l am looking into ordering Durametric (either the real one or the china version that you provided the link to).

Thanks for the help.

I think the "auto" switch option is a requirement for you to have the coming home feature so you may not be able to use it as your lights are either off or on. I believe you do not have the Hardware installed to utilize the feature as the switch needs to be on "auto" to use the Auto shut off or coming home delay feature.

I may be wrong but logically this makes sense as to why the option does not exist in your settings menu.

....Dan

I called the independent shop and they mentioned similar logic. You mentioned that you have this option available. Can you please check if you have an "Auto" setting for the headlight knob? If yes, does it relate to any special options or packages on the vehicle. I can't figure out what package or option would have added headlight hardware to enable "Auto" setting.

Thanks for your help.