Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Adding a GT3 front lip to C2?

Ok, so I am mixing and matching like crazy to get a look I like that fits in my budget. I am starting with a base 2003 C2. So far I have the wheels I like, and the Mk1 Taco Wing I prefer to the MkII. I have Mk1 side skirts on the way. And it looks like I'm going the GHL route.

And, I am trying to do all this on the cheap, and make it easy to restore to stock for resale...

So I don't want to do the $2500 front bumper replacement and paint, but I want to try and get some more look at the front to balance the skirts and wing.

When I was at the dealer yesterday, I saw a 2004 GT3 that had a thick (2-3") rubber lip bolted to the bottom of the front bumper.

Has anyone tried to attach this lip to the stock C2 bumper? It looks like you could easily drill the holes and position the lip very close to the front to give a more agressive look to the car, cheaply. I think it's like $250 for this lip?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

PRH

post-4765-1113750044_thumb.jpg

Edited by PorschePRH

• 1 month later...

I have the Aerokit I set up on my 996. Prior to switching to a ROW M030 suspension, front end lift at speeds above 140-150 miles was pronounced. Apparently the original tiny lips which are attached to the Aerokit I bumpers are not providing enough downforce. Now that the M030's have been installed the car runs better,no more bobbing up and down. To improve straight line stability further, I believe I only need to replace the front spoiler lips, with ones that are larger, and will work with the Aerokit I bumper.

In photos of GT 3 race cars, I've noticed that the lips they use are larger and are raked or at an angle, maybe 15 to 30 degrees at the middle, then they taper-off upwards at an angle on the sides, to the wheel wells. Certainly they serve to provide down force.

I'm not sure, but based on your cars photo, you also have the Aerokit I. If you do, we may have different reasons, but we're both in need of better or more functional spoiler lips. I hope other Renntech members will provide us with info on where we can buy or have the lips fabricated

maybe using carbon fibre.