Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

multiple electrical fault...??! Or just a number of faults... 2005 Cayenne Turbo

Hi all,

please someone with the knowledge help me! Soo got myself a 2005 cayenne turbo. At the moment when I turn on car I get abs workshop, psm workshop. Sometimes get faulty air suspension workshop sometimes not. Car runs fine. As soon as I get down the road the brake porportioning red warning light comes up and the odometer doesn't work. Also from time to time get red air suspension fault/ sometimes not. Also sometimes air suspension works great?!

So far replaced the 433 relay,  checked all fuses and checked leftside footwell for water ingression. Dry as my mouth after a heavy nights drinking. Can water get into the right side also? I understand this is a common problem for these on the left side (passenger side in UK)

Basically lost my hair at a early age which is kinda helpful as I would of ripped it out today... 

Also bought the Duramatic code reader... getting codes for both front speed sensors (0283/0285) and steering angle sensor (0778).

Other code's I'm getting is level control (1400) not adjustable and 1 of the park assist sensors has decided it doesn't want to do it's job. (1546)

Car has brand new battery on her, was sat dead for 6 months prior to me getting her. 

Other thing that is really bugging me is can't seem to get mirrors/seat/steering wheel to set for me. Keeps going back to a previous setting.  

Due to all this it makes me feel like electrical but perhaps is just a score of actual faults that need separately addressing..?

I look forward to your answers good Sir's/ Ladies. 

I can't speak to air suspension errors as I have coil overs, but the rest of those warnings are all related to your ABS/speed sensors. Remove and clean them all. Had the same issues. My issues were compounded by a corroded brake pad indicator harness wire (it also feeds the abs/speed indicator). So check all those while you're down there. If cleaning sensors doesn't work, replace. They're cheap and it's an easy fix. Harness is a $150+ flipping wire.

Edited by ma77hewsu11ivan

Thanks I'm going to get the front wheels off tomorrow and have a good look around...

I've bought new ones, like you say might as well replace. 

Which harness are you talking about? Is that the indicator harness wire you mentioned? If not any item number/name please?

I've concluded today it is just a bunch of faults, so hopefully this sorts that portion out. 

Bit that is making me now think it's a lose connection is if I drive off smooth the brake porportioning light stays off and the odometer works.  Soon as hit a bump or a big blip of the thottle the warning light comes on and the odometer ceases to work...

Shouldn't complain really as not putting any miles on her haha... 

There is an ~18in. harness at each wheel that runs up the suspension and clips into another harness behind the wheel wells  along the fender. It feeds the speed sensor and the brake pad indicator - mine happened to be the left rear - part number might be different as I have an 09S.  expensive bugger. Check the free PET PDF via Porsche website for PN or just call a dealer. Most of the wear on mine were where the lower boot slides into the mounting bracket; likely from repeated removal over the years to change pad indicator wires when installing new pads... 

OK understood,  I'll let you know what my findings are tomorrow... hopefully it is something noticeable like this if you know what I mean and not some odd hidden thing. 

Spoooo many electronics in these it's not even funny...

Soo far I'm just going off the forums, it's cool working on your own car but would like to start seeing some results soon, thanks again for the advice! 

No worries brother. Glad to help.

Things I've done myself - happy to share my experience:

- HPFP 

- Vacuum pump

- solenoid valve

- starter 

- coils

- Plugs

- ox sensors

- oil separator bank 2

- engine mounts 

- trans mount

- both LP fuel pumps, filter, etc

- micro switch rear latch

- HVAC blower motor 

- rotors/brakes/parking brake

- steering fluid change

- brake flush

- transmission oil 

- diff oil : front/rear

- transfer case oil

- all new plastic stone guards/ air dams underneath

Loads of little odds and ends. With the exception of a complete loss of acceleration resulting in a new HPFP (replaced LPFPs on both sides, filter, etc proactively), the starter and oil separator, everything else has been scheduled maintenance items and/or preventative measures.

My 2009 Porsche Cayenne S is hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned. As she nears the 200k mile marker, I'm at 198k, my next projects include:

- alternator

- water pump / thermostat / pulleys / belt

- finally resolving lingering 0421/31 codes (likely new cats as I've tried almost every other workaround)

- rebuild each caliper