Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I am a new 911/996 first time finally owning my dream car, although I have a 2004 car my sat nav is of the old version and not supported. I have contacted Porsche GB and also my local dealer but have still not had any feedback regarding the matter although they both agree, that it is not right to have a car that is still in the 2 year manufacturers warranty with an unsupported sat nav system. Any advice would be most appreciated, I would expect service like this from Ford not Porsche.

They just came out with upgrades if you have the PCM II system. So I sent a letter to Navteq asking why those of us with PCM I systems were not receiving upgrades. They responded back within 24 hours and informed me that this was a Porsche decision. I sent an email to Porsche ands asked them the question. That was almost two weeks ago and I have yet to get an answer. Just another example of Porsche wanting their dealers to try to be first rate for service, but not following the same rules from the top levels of the corporation.

First: As you are the second owner of the vehicle, make sure you are able to transfer the full manufacturer's warranty into your name.

Second: Tell them it is intermittent. Some times it works, other times it is faulty. Complain of a fault that might be hard to find or difficult to reproduce. If you log the problem prior to the expiration of the warranty they will be forced to repair it. They HAVE to repair it!

I bought a used Boxster that is out of warranty and have not had any real issues as of yet however when buying parts I have noticed that the Porsche dealer in my area is VERY snooty and treats me like crap. They have actually and noticeably "looked down their nose" at me! I am a professional and may not wear Armani but come on! I just can not believe the treatment I have recieved at the dealer! Don't let them push you around, write a letter, threaten to write a letter. I'm sure the parent would like to know how the child is treating their clients new or used.

They just came out with upgrades if you have the PCM II system.  So I sent a letter to Navteq asking why those of us with PCM I systems were not receiving upgrades.  They responded back within 24 hours and informed me that this was a Porsche decision.  I sent an email to Porsche ands asked them the question.  That was almost two weeks ago and I have yet to get an answer.  Just another example of Porsche wanting their dealers to try to be first rate for service, but not following the same rules from the top levels of the corporation.

Thanks for that Dave so what would you suggest the next step just to sit back and take it? I suppose I will try and get an answer to the solution for about another 4 weeks then I suppose better look for another manufacturer. Regarding service the only benefit with Porsche is that the showrooms are nice and the coffee.

First: As you are the second owner of the vehicle, make sure you are able to transfer the full manufacturer's warranty into your name.

Second: Tell them it is intermittent.  Some times it works, other times it is faulty.  Complain of a fault that might be hard to find or difficult to reproduce.  If you log the problem prior to the expiration of the warranty they will be forced to repair it.  They HAVE to repair it! 

I bought a used Boxster that is out of warranty and have not had any real issues as of yet however when buying parts I have noticed that the Porsche dealer in my area is VERY snooty and treats me like crap.  They have actually and noticeably "looked down their nose" at me!  I am a professional and may not wear Armani but come on!  I just can not believe the treatment I have recieved at the dealer!  Don't let them push you around, write a letter, threaten to write a letter.  I'm sure the parent would like to know how the child is treating their clients new or used.

I will certainly write them a letter although I can not get anyone to right to other than the guy I am speaking to in customer services who is only just giving me his first name (carl) and I would like to try an write to the highest point but that information seems to be so scarce

• 6 years later...

I have a problem with my pcm as well. Radio works but no screen. (2001 911 apparently a pcm2)

Just had new battery installed when this issue started. Am wondering if I need to re code radio at dealer or

if the screen just crapped out. Any info anyone has on this particular problem would be appreciated. Thanks.