Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Looking for clear bra shop in NJ

Like a standard car bra, it protects the parts of the car that are most likely to be damaged by stones, etc. It is a clear film that is permanently applied to the front bumper, front portions of the hood, headlights, mirrors, etc.

Thanks for the info. I actually had the work done by them earlier this week. I am very pleased with the outcome. I was not only impressed with their work, but also the amount of time they spent talking with me about various options, and their knowledge on the various products was very helpful.

The company is Clear Image. I think that they have a few locations in northern NJ, southern NY. The number I have is 973-207-7000.

Also I'd suggest AB specialties, Al did my '02 C4 Cab and my Wife's '05 Cayenne - Both full kits.

I was at a Porsche service facility today and I spotted a beautiful C4 that had had it done but with quite a few bad creases in the front bumper - looked hideous!

Anyway - the guy I used took most of the day on each car. He comes to you and just loves doing Porsches - something about how they're all curvy and that makes it easy to apply. Mine is pretty much invisible unless you know where to look - even then the light has to be right to see it.

He's in Denville, but like I said, prefers to come to you. Nice guy too.

Like a standard car bra, it protects the parts of the car that are most likely to be damaged by stones, etc. It is a clear film that is permanently applied to the front bumper, front portions of the hood, headlights, mirrors, etc.

Just a quick note - it's not permanent. It can be removed at any time without any damage to the paint. I strongly recommend having it removed professionally though.

Edited by dvdude

Just a quick note - it's not permanent. It can be removed at any time without any damage to the paint. I strongly recommend having it removed professionally though.

Yes, your are quite correct. By permanent I really just meant that it was not like a standard bra that can be taken off at will.

Jim....QUIT SCREWING WITH THE NEW GUYS!!!!!  :P

FYI...Jim is quite the comedic antagonist againt the use of clear bra's!

Frankly, I was against it too (for the same reasons as Jim) - until I found out it can be removed without paint damage.

My car won't be "babied" - I'll be getting the winter tires and driving it year round, but most of my mileage is highway, and those road construction trucks here in NJ can't always be avoided.

IMHO, cars are meant for driving, but a little cash spent on non-destructive paint protection is well worth it, though as always, YMMV