Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2002 Boxster with microswitches trouble

Hi everyone,

New owner of a 2002 Boxster 986.1 S, I've a question to submit.

Problem already mentioned that are the problems encountered with the microswitches working with the alarm system. I need your help to find which switch is no longer working.

When the vehicle is put into alarm, I have 2 flashes + 1 horn blast. You're going to tell me to take the manual and consult the alarm part but all elements have been checked doors, hoods, soft top, central gearbox and radio.  These elements have already been verified.

Using Durametric, I have no fault code which doesn't help me too much in my investigation.

I easily clear the passenger compartment, the central box and the convertible top which react when they're opened under alarm as well as the car radio which has also been checked.

So, I have to find an issue with hoods (whose lights work without problem) and doors.

I decide to have a look into the front trunk latch (more sensitive to humidity due to its positioning). I remove the latch mechanism, make it clean using WD40 and fit everything back for a new test. I still have the same problem, which doesn't mean that the front boot latch microswitch is cleared. 

So, how to know exactly what's wrong with a microswitch ?

Thanks to all.

• Moderators

Close the convertible top and lock with the handle, with the doors cosed, the side windows should now copletely up and closed. O

pen the doors, tailgate front and rear, glove box, fuel filler door and centerconsole.

Close the locks on doors, both bootlids, centerconsole and glove box using a screwdriver or similar ( attention, the doors and trunk locks must click twice to be secured, glovebox and centerconsole once )

close the car with the remote. All lights should now be off and the fuel filler locking pin be extended approx 1,5 cm.

If all this turn out to be OK, check whether the fixation cage of the original radio is connected to the anti-theft wire of the original radio.