Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Me soul on fire, feeling hot, hot, hot

Hey everyone!

I am sharing this experience, which is still in progress...

I glanced out the window at work at my 04 Cayenne S and noticed a little puddle. This puddle was about the size of a DVD disk in front of the front passenger's side tire (note, not behind the front passenger tire), about where the wheel well meets the bumper. The puddle had a ring at the edge that was light orange. When I looked under the hood I couldn't notice anything leaking, and wasn't able to find anything meaningful.

I noticed that the engine temp raised slightly this evening when I was parked and talking with someone picking up dinner. The temp went back down once we started driving (ie. air flow), which in general is abnormal for the gauge to sit anywhere other than center-mass. I would like to avoid taking it in to a shop if possible and repair it myself. I have seen/read that the reservoir can sometimes crack, or that the hose can leak, as well as the pipe under the intake manifold can leak as well.

Anyone have any thoughts, or similar experiences? I'll share what I find as a I go along!

Credits for the Title: Buster Poindexter - Hot Hot Hot...fun song, and the direction of my engine if I don't get this fixed! lol

update: added photo- the object that is circled in red is where I can see it dripping from when lookin through the passenger wheel well (looking towards the front of the Cayenne). It’s dripping onto the fog light.

C4028806-9943-40AB-AA81-883E503932A6.jpeg

Edited by Edward FitzRandolph